Got my lone wolf!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Got my lone wolf!

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Picked up my lone wolf today...$200 (and 4 jars of trapping bait lol) for an Alpha and 4 stick sections...pretty tough to beat that!!!

I put it on a tree today and I'm shocked...I've never touched one..I had no idea how it all worked so I was learning as I went...

Its the real deal...I only threw one stick up and then the stand just because it was nearly dark when I got home..

But it was simple...and silent. I thought it'd take me some time to learn to be quiet with it but it just works...

Few questions...

Where do I buy the stick talons??

Anyone know of a good video of how to actually pack the mess?

It has a 3rd strap..same as the 2 on the stand but it isnt connected..it has a metal hook on one end..

Is that just extra for securing sticks/gear?

Gotta be some good threads and videos of packed stands...I gotta figure that out....I got it packed but its not "right".

I've seen some of you guys posts and yours looks neater and more secure...

Couldn't believe how quiet it was and for a hang on its not bad comfort/secure feeling wise..I have hunted out of others and I hated every second of it...none of them feel secure...

I'm excited! Its gunna be a game changer for me...gunna get it apart tomorrow I hope and painted...and get the bow holder, stealth strips, and probably stick talons ordered..nd get the buckles secured with something..I can surely see how they could make a heck of a noise if they smack into something...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

johndeere506
500 Club

Re: Got my lone wolf!

Unread postby johndeere506 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:36 pm

The strap w hook is probably a quick strap setup. Search ez hook.

A member here sells the talons

johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:37 pm

C big bear sells them I think

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:39 pm

Buy the stick talons from cbigbear. Bowhunter15 has a video on the stick talons thread posted by cbigbear, believe the thread is called "inteoducing a new product". Cbigbear also has some pics of sets packed in that thread if that's the way your gonna go. Don't know about the 3 straps on the stand but you only need to use the top versa button and 1 strap to hang the stand, get it secured and then cam lock it, dan has a video on YouTube that shows how to cam lock it. Pick up the stealth strips from Lou and get some bicycle intertubes or yak grips for the buckles and your all set. Make sure you get some good practice in before season setting and tearing down. That's a great deal you got by the way.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:10 pm

thanx guys!

i thought the deal was awesome...i wanted one forever but couldnt bring myself to pay for one...now after a quick trial run i am blown away...kicking myself for not having one a while ago...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:36 pm

You did good.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Anyone try the liquid rubber stuff for the buckles???

Used for like tool grips and such...

I've never used the stuff but might try it...

3rd strap is the EZ hang belt...I kinda see it maybe useful? Though today I hung it without it and no issue...
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm

I wouldn't use the liquid rubber stuff on the buckles...give the bicycle intertubes a try first, that's the cheapest route and they will be dead quiet. Wouldn't use the ez hang either, just the belt on the top versa button and cam lock it.

Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 pm

Here's the link to the talons. They are awesome

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31381

Make It Happen
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:53 am

The ez-hang works only to help u hang the stand. I have one, but now that is my gear hang strap. J made up some hooks to hang mg back pack/call/anything else needing hanging. I put the bat wing bracket on my atand, so the dz-hang didn't work then. Check out Dan's utube videos, a u need to know. Great stand.

Edit- horrible typing.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm confused between the different hanging options....I will have to take a pic of mine...it has something that looks like a batwing but a hair different...

It has 2 versa buttons and straps...

And also has the ez hook strap...

I thought the only way to hang it was with the 2 straps/buttons...but if there is an easier way I am all ears.....

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Here's a few quick pics...hope they aren't too dark...photobucket seems to make my pics darker lately...

Anyone have ideas on the best attachment option?

Does it have the batwing?

Does the ez hook still work?

Ideas on how old it is??

How do ya like my paint job??

I've done a couple like that and they melt into the skyline...I really like the lone wolf because as you walk under it it almost changes colors...

I know my big but sitting on top of it stands out more than anything...I just can't stand the normal color of stands....a solid color just stands out to me..and probably deer...and I know thieves..

Stealth strips, third arm bow holder and stick talons ordered...

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:53 pm

It has the batwing. Don't bother with the ez hook, use the top versa button and belt and cam lock it. Paint job looks good. Wouldn't worry about thieves since your hanging and tearing down just about every hunt.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:13 pm

gotcha...thats what it looks like Dan does in his video as well after i spent a while digging...

youre right...it wont be left in the woods and i dont have to worry about thieves...

this stand is going to be a big game changer...i dont know why it took me so long...well...im cheap lol...

the more i got serious about hunting mature bucks the more i found myself not finding the RIGHT tree to climb with my climber....

no longer an issue...

now i just need some time to hunt....lol have 2 personal days to burn yet...not sure when i wanna use them...might save them for the rut...just because i dont have complete faith in my beast hunting yet...and realistically i only have 1 bed and primary scrape scouted...and we have an extended season at home the 3rd and 4th weeks of November which might be awesome...
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Just 2 personal days going into the season? Do you have sick days too? I have been "sick" quite a bit during the season in the past and will most defiantly be "sick" a hand full of times this season too lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”