Can't sleep need therapy!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Can't sleep need therapy!

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:06 pm

Ok so I had been keeping tabs on a couple bucks this summer and everything was going good but I can't find them now. So I've been kind of uncertain about how my bow seasons gonna start out. Then tonight I got a text from my brother in law that he seen a huge eight point buck in the bean field behind his house this evening.

Now here is the kicker, the bean field butts up to public land that I know intimately. Basically I'm 90% sure of where there deer is bedding. The season starts next week and I'm tossing and turning and can't go to sleep.

You can bet your ... I'll be glassing that field tomorrow evening to confirm what his definition of "huge" is.

Can't sleep, must hunt!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by Wlog on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
jmaas07
500 Club

Re: Can't sleep need therapy!

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:07 pm

hopefully it's a nice one, good luck getting on him. Can't wait to start following the live from the stand threads....were closing in
Last edited by jmaas07 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Try counting bucks...like counting sheep

Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm

just think of all the fun and enjoyment you can get out of finding some more bucks to hunt..... :mrgreen:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:06 am

Hope you get on one opening day.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:18 am

I glassed last night and it was pretty beat. I was looking for that tall browtined ten. I gave myself the last fifteen minutes of light to drive around all the fields close to where I was glassing. Nothing! I don't think the full moon helped. Got in such a hurry I left my phone and my chair in my glassing spot. Got home realized I did it and had to haul back over to the area to pick it back up :doh: We open Tues. and man I'm not looking forward to the 90 degree temps. Why couldn't it be this past week. weather was awesome. I'm hunting water. Plus they started cutting corn down here this week. Gonna throw a wrench in the operation. How about up your way? BTW good luck.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 am

Bigburner wrote:I glassed last night and it was pretty beat. I was looking for that tall browtined ten. I gave myself the last fifteen minutes of light to drive around all the fields close to where I was glassing. Nothing! I don't think the full moon helped. Got in such a hurry I left my phone and my chair in my glassing spot. Got home realized I did it and had to haul back over to the area to pick it back up :doh: We open Tues. and man I'm not looking forward to the 90 degree temps. Why couldn't it be this past week. weather was awesome. I'm hunting water. Plus they started cutting corn down here this week. Gonna throw a wrench in the operation. How about up your way? BTW good luck.

This buck is in De so I'm hoping to get a crack at him Tuesday but it's supposed to be a NW wind which isn't great for that spot. This past week was awesome weather, wish it would have stuck around but hopefully the heat keeps some other people from hunting until I can hunt a couple of my better public spots.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”