Lone wolf must haves?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Lone wolf must haves?

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:15 am

I bought a used military molle frame pack. I removed the frame and used the belt/straps. The belt is very nice, but the straps keep coming lose as I walk. Not sure if there is a way to fix them, but its frustrating. I would also like some way to connect them together across my chest so they don't slide outward when bending down or twisting through brush.

Tubes on the buckles is nice. Stand to seat silencing like in the video above is a must. I used the furniture pads that have a sticky back. I must have lost a couple, cause on my last hunt I had to walk with my hand holding the seat and that sucks. The idea of the rubber taped so it went come off is a great idea. Tear the stand down and wax all washers. They will be fine this hunt, then squeak louder than the shriek of a red tailed hawk when you go out on the next hunt. Its like no warning, quiet today, loud tomorrow. I plasti-dipped my sticks and doubt it did much good. DO NOT try to fill sticks with spray foam, it does nothing but make a mess. I've never tried stealth strips but the concept makes sense. The factory seat sucks! The gorrila is better, but not great. Im the type that can't sit on bleachers for any amount of time and that's what the stock seat feels like. I will try the hunt more this year. I love my raptor straps, but they are no longer made. They make silent packing of sticks to stand, as they have no metal or plastic. The gorrila seat is thick and the sticks don't pack down as well as the stock seat. I prefer to lay the sticks on their side now and strap am down like that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Dutch

Unread postby Dutch » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 am

burkhart wrote:
Dutch wrote:
burkhart wrote:Spray paint dip it!
Get stick talons
Add third hand bow holder
Get Molle system

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Can you explain the spray paint dip process?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29734
Here u go

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Thank you!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:03 pm

kenn1320 wrote:I bought a used military molle frame pack. I removed the frame and used the belt/straps. The belt is very nice, but the straps keep coming lose as I walk. Not sure if there is a way to fix them, but its frustrating. I would also like some way to connect them together across my chest so they don't slide outward when bending down or twisting through brush.

Tubes on the buckles is nice. Stand to seat silencing like in the video above is a must. I used the furniture pads that have a sticky back. I must have lost a couple, cause on my last hunt I had to walk with my hand holding the seat and that sucks. The idea of the rubber taped so it went come off is a great idea. Tear the stand down and wax all washers. They will be fine this hunt, then squeak louder than the shriek of a red tailed hawk when you go out on the next hunt. Its like no warning, quiet today, loud tomorrow. I plasti-dipped my sticks and doubt it did much good. DO NOT try to fill sticks with spray foam, it does nothing but make a mess. I've never tried stealth strips but the concept makes sense. The factory seat sucks! The gorrila is better, but not great. Im the type that can't sit on bleachers for any amount of time and that's what the stock seat feels like. I will try the hunt more this year. I love my raptor straps, but they are no longer made. They make silent packing of sticks to stand, as they have no metal or plastic. The gorrila seat is thick and the sticks don't pack down as well as the stock seat. I prefer to lay the sticks on their side now and strap am down like that.

I disagree on the spray foam. I have a set of six sticks that I spray foamed. They are my quietest set of sticks when it comes to clanks. The main, but small problem is the weight, not the mess (I cover them anyway). The six sticks with foam weigh about about lb more.

kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:03 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
kenn1320 wrote:I bought a used military molle frame pack. I removed the frame and used the belt/straps. The belt is very nice, but the straps keep coming lose as I walk. Not sure if there is a way to fix them, but its frustrating. I would also like some way to connect them together across my chest so they don't slide outward when bending down or twisting through brush.

I disagree on the spray foam. I have a set of six sticks that I spray foamed. They are my quietest set of sticks when it comes to clanks. The main, but small problem is the weight, not the mess (I cover them anyway). The six sticks with foam weigh about about lb more.

I filled the ladder sections on a ladder stand and it didn't help. Maybe it was a difference of tube material or brand of foam, but ill never do it again.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”