Adam Hays on W2H Podcast Talking Moon/Andrae D'Acquisto

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbniner

Re: Adam Hays on W2H Podcast Talking Moon/Andrae D'Acquisto

Unread postby cbniner » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I already posted this on wired to hunt website but it bothers me Adam Hayes says ever calm is one of his contributing factors to him killing 200" deer, to just lie to to your fans like that kills me! It gets to the point where you start to wonder if this guy just thinks all hunters are complete idiots or what? You think anyone believes you rubbed a deodorant type stick on a tree and that's why you shot a 200" deer? I feel bad for the 14 yr old kid who bails hay all summer to buy some garbage product because his mentor blatantly lied to him....in the name of money!! Nothing worse than someone who puts money before morals

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:52 pm

cbniner wrote:I already posted this on wired to hunt website but it bothers me Adam Hayes says ever calm is one of his contributing factors to him killing 200" deer, to just lie to to your fans like that kills me! It gets to the point where you start to wonder if this guy just thinks all hunters are complete idiots or what? You think anyone believes you rubbed a deodorant type stick on a tree and that's why you shot a 200" deer? I feel bad for the 14 yr old kid who bails hay all summer to buy some garbage product because his mentor blatantly lied to him....in the name of money!! Nothing worse than someone who puts money before morals

Maybe he really believes it works....... Is he then telling a lie?
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:28 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
cbniner wrote:I already posted this on wired to hunt website but it bothers me Adam Hayes says ever calm is one of his contributing factors to him killing 200" deer, to just lie to to your fans like that kills me! It gets to the point where you start to wonder if this guy just thinks all hunters are complete idiots or what? You think anyone believes you rubbed a deodorant type stick on a tree and that's why you shot a 200" deer? I feel bad for the 14 yr old kid who bails hay all summer to buy some garbage product because his mentor blatantly lied to him....in the name of money!! Nothing worse than someone who puts money before morals

Maybe he really believes it works....... Is he then telling a lie?

Yea, who knows, maybe it helps in some small way...I never have tried it and probably never will. Doubt it works but I am not going to string up Adam just because he says it does.

Based on some of the comments of this thread I was anticipating the podcast to be filled with product endorsements. Its not, apparently what is giving everyone heartburn is the comments right at the end, really just a couple side comments. The rest of the podcast focused on the fundamentals, as is the case with every single successful big buck killer. Find me a person who is making a living in the hunting industry that doesn't have to themselves out a little bit.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:47 am

Hold onto the quality hunting info, let the rest fade away. We are bombarded with commercials and products in everyday life, so much so that we learn to ignore most of it, no reason we can't do that with hunting. For the guys who run out and buy everything they see, they have to learn on their own, you can't force them.

As far as hunters promoting these products, like I said earlier they have to make a living too, if a product isn't hurting their success and they get paid to mention it a few times good for them. Just be comfortable knowing what you know and using the products you feel help you, the rest of it doesn't really matter. :mrgreen:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:22 am

[quote="headgear"]Hold onto the quality hunting info, let the rest fade away. quote]

Good sentence right there!

Same goes for the news and politics too, etc...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:29 am

I never heard him say that evercalm was THEE reason he shoots 200" deer. He merely stated he believes it helps calm deer, in general, down.

There have been a few other examples of guys saying this happens. Not just with Evercalm. In fact the story behind Evercalm is that a guy that worked for Evercalm was sweating all day while working and handling the deer. It was late so he just went hunting in his work clothes and the deer down wind of him didn't spook. The guy from Misses Doe Pee claims his first big buck was killed because he hung his hunting clothes in his deer barn. The wind swirled for just a second and the buck became alert but didn't totally spook. Then the Fitzgeralds have the product called Deer Dander that they claim also calms the deer down.

You can obviously take all these claims with a grain of salt. I've personally had similar situations in dairy farm country while hanging my hunting clothes in the cow barns.

Are these products or methods foolproof? No!! But can they help? Maybe in certain situations. Maybe not on high pressured hunting lands.

Are they needed to kill big bucks? No Dan, Andrea and others on here have proven that. They basically say spend your money on gas to do better and more scouting.

I guess I'm personally just a scent nut. I've had good experiences with them in the past. I've caught more fish than others while using added scents. So the leap to trying to dupe a mature buck also appeals to me. Plus trappers use scents. After reading on the Beast about how human scent is actually dispersed I can see how putting out scents can actually do more harm than good. But hey if I'm having fun and enjoying myself who cares.

I just don't like someone that hasn't tried something to blast it without having any experience from using it.

Are all of these companies that sell products like scents and odor control out to make money? Yes!! But I bet the greater percentage of them totally believe their product works.

That's my rant for awhile. Thanx!!
bowkill00

Unread postby bowkill00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 am

He's killed many booner's and 3 over 200 inch. If he said find a unicorn and steal it's MOJO b4 u go huntn....we'll I'd look for a unicorn. Either way haters gona hate. I admire success. Congrats Adam.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Seems to me Adam has routed his life around hunting whitetails. The guy sounds to me to be a relentless scouter both in finding a big buck to hunt, aas well as securing access and also in learning as much as he can about the buck he wants to kill. His chapter in Don Higgins book is good stuff.

GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:05 pm

I havent listened yet, but Ever calm is 13.95 on Amazon Prime. Never used it just checked it out....

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:30 am

I have to ask about the Jeff Murray Moon Guide / Andrea (I have never used it) - we all know you can use sites to just get the times by zip code... but I need to know if anyone knows how Andrea exactly utilizes it?

We know from the DVDs that for mornings he waits until it says the deer are feeding in the AM, but he instead he goes right over the bed. But does he follow where it says to hunt the rest of the time?

Also, is the moon guide where Dan posted his "Cruising Times" from in past seasons?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 am

Darkknight54 wrote:I have to ask about the Jeff Murray Moon Guide / Andrea (I have never used it) - we all know you can use sites to just get the times by zip code... but I need to know if anyone knows how Andrea exactly utilizes it?

We know from the DVDs that for mornings he waits until it says the deer are feeding in the AM, but he instead he goes right over the bed. But does he follow where it says to hunt the rest of the time?

Also, is the moon guide where Dan posted his "Cruising Times" from in past seasons?

Andrae hunts when the moon is o/h or u/f and really don't listen to the "where to and how to" hunt stuff they promote. My moon times were within about 1 hour of o/h or u/f. I focus that to prime hours near dawn and dusk, or all day during rut.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:43 am

Dan if/when you get some free time, I would like to hear your take on a new moon study JoeRE found. Tons of great new data and they focused on moon oh/uf and moon rise and set times.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36561
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:38 pm

I really liked the podcast! Good stuff!!! I think andrae rubbed off on adam, He sounds alot like a beast when you really think about it!!!

Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:02 pm

dan wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:I have to ask about the Jeff Murray Moon Guide / Andrea (I have never used it) - we all know you can use sites to just get the times by zip code... but I need to know if anyone knows how Andrea exactly utilizes it?

Andrae hunts when the moon is o/h or u/f and really don't listen to the "where to and how to" hunt stuff they promote. My moon times were within about 1 hour of o/h or u/f. I focus that to prime hours near dawn and dusk, or all day during rut.

Thanks, I have asked you before numerous times, though I did not know you want days in range of 1/2 moon. As far as the Andrea question, I was just curious bc he doesn't really talk about the other sets. The cruising times thing is bc last season decided I would do it all myself and think I made mistakes on my days or data... not sure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”