Whitetail adrenaline

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lockdown

Re: Whitetail adrenaline

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Czabs wrote:Major respect for Jared Scheffler...I can't even imagine the time he puts into hunting/filming/editing. He's a beast.

x2

In my opinion if you can put a DVD together featuring two whitetail kills, that's an accomplishment.

It's easy for the average hunter to critique a hunting show, or anything regarding whitetails. I can tell you right now that killing big deer on a regular basis, and killing deer on a regular basis on film are two ENTIRELY different things. The bucks that the adrenaline boys kill, accompanied by the fact that it all takes place on public ground, ON THE GROUND, is something to behold.

I dabbled into filming for two seasons, and did alright, but it gave me a new respect for hunting shows!

Killing a big buck is one thing. Killing him on public, ON FILM, is another. ;)

On top of all of that, Jared is the real deal and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

He spent hours on the phone with me and willingly answered every editing question I had.

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 am

I did talk to Jared about Dan's DVD's and he said he watched them. He obviously knows a lot about bedding tendencies, however they don't talk about the details on their videos.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 am

Every once in a while in their hill country hunts they'll mention they are hunting around good bedding in points on little benches etc. Those times are closer to the rut so they're seeing other movement too but it's no coincidence. Ever look at the bucks Jared killed before the videos took off? He thinks like a buck and without a doubt he is the brains of the operation for strategy. The success of his one or two person deer drives in the earlier videos, in hill country, is not by accident either. And apparently has a knack for spotting deer and setting up stalks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am

Every once in a while in their hill country hunts they'll mention they are hunting around good bedding in points on little benches etc. Those times are closer to the rut so they're seeing other movement too but it's no coincidence. Ever look at the bucks Jared killed before the videos took off? He thinks like a buck and without a doubt he is the brains of the operation for strategy. The success of his one or two person deer drives in the earlier videos, in hill country, is not by accident either. And apparently has a knack for spotting deer and setting up stalks.

Mix in unlimited hunting days, a little good fortune (like that first kill in brazen resiliance), and some good shooting...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 pm

I agree 100%

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”