D.I.E.!!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jboswell
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.boswell.12

Re: D.I.E.!!!!

Unread postby jboswell » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:10 am

The fellas on QDMA forum are giving him a run for his money... LOL.. setting up false expectations leads to one time sales and lots of grumpy customers... :dance: not the way to have a sustainable business model in my opinion, however, as a group we are always looking for shortcuts... My success improved when I realized there was no substitute for hard work (scouting, preseason practice, preseason entry/exit route prep, preseason tree prep....etc)

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 am

Lots of free info.out there. Everything in that book probably has been talked about on this forum. This is the same stuff Tony lapratt tried to.pull. Now his info is common knowledge.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:41 am

Seems to be same discussion on DDH forum also.

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:03 am

JoeRE wrote:I gotta say that thread was amusing but man am I glad the beast forums aren't like that the vast majority of the time. Nothing but BS and snide comments.

X2!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:20 am

I worked in a booth next to him.... Seems like a nice guy, he even joined the BEAST but left after a short time... He had 4 rather nice bucks mounted in his booth. One of his workers came over by my booth when it got slow and commented about a picture on the booth with me and my bucks, I said: "looks like your buddy has some nice ones too!" at that point the guy explained to me that his "Buddy" has only shot one buck, the one the discovered the system on... The other bucks belonged to friends.

I was listening to him talk and he said some things I personally do not believe in... He used a lot of words like "ALWAYS, GAURANTEED, and NEVER" when referring to whitetails. He gave a money back guarantee that you would kill the dominant buck within 4 days of using his system, which it turns out is a combination of deer urine and removing all your human scent so deer can't smell you...

When someone questioned him about the removing of all human scent he said "it can be done with carbon and scent elimination spray" and went on to say that if you remove all of your scent and wear head to toe camo you can walk right up to bedded bucks and poke them with a stick, he said he has done so many times...

His buddy told me that the one big buck he did shoot, was shot in New Berlin (a rich suburb of Milwaukee) right after it 1st became legal to hunt on private land there with bow only. A couple years back he said he was going to use his 4 day system the next year on public land to show the system would work anywhere... The next year when questioned again about that comment he said he decided not to, and quit hunting cause his system made it too easy, so now he just helps others.

As far as I know, to this day I believe he has shot one big buck... Based on his system that is guaranteed to kill the doimINANT BUCK WITHIN 4 DAYS, that means he has only hunted with the system for four days...
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 am

JoeRE wrote:I gotta say that thread was amusing but man am I glad the beast forums aren't like that the vast majority of the time. Nothing but BS and snide comments.

Me to.

Thank you Dan and the mods.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:44 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:

Me to.

Thank you Dan and the mods.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

I believe Dan and the mods here do an amazing job at either promoting respectful talking or fixing it behind the scenes. As it was mildly entertaining to read some of the mentioned thread, it wasnt valueble in terms of knowledge in any way. It just makes me feel sorry for some people, sellers and buyers of fake promises...

I hope Dan and the moderators keep things in check, especially with the added popularity here. I dont visit my home state hunting site much anymore because things got old.

For me it takes proven results over a extended period of time to be qualified to be an expert. Dan IS qualified. Many others on this site ARE qualified. I listen to results, and we can all learn from that.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:57 am

id rather read a book on deer hunting full of questionable tactics any day then one paragraph of 50 shades of Gray !!

rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:08 am

Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 am

Well, that was entertaining. The book of Proverbs comes to mind while reading this.

http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 am

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:27 am

I have seen this on a few occasions. This guy purposely inserts himself in places like at the Fleet Farm and Walmart hunting and fishing sections and pretends to talk on the phone with a "client". He talks loud enough for everyone to hear and mentions alot of interesting stuff about his hunting tactics. It seems he does this in order to draw attention to himself from any desperate hunter that might be in ear shot of his impromptu conversation and maybe hopes to score some clients who may come to him out of the blue for advice. I have read some stuff in his book and that guy is completely out of touch with reality. Just my humble opinion.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:04 am

If he advertised the book simply as information about how bucks generally bed, I would buy it. But then again, I am not his target market.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 am

dan wrote:I worked in a booth next to him.... Seems like a nice guy, he even joined the BEAST but left after a short time... He had 4 rather nice bucks mounted in his booth. One of his workers came over by my booth when it got slow and commented about a picture on the booth with me and my bucks, I said: "looks like your buddy has some nice ones too!" at that point the guy explained to me that his "Buddy" has only shot one buck, the one the discovered the system on... The other bucks belonged to friends.

I was listening to him talk and he said some things I personally do not believe in... He used a lot of words like "ALWAYS, GAURANTEED, and NEVER" when referring to whitetails. He gave a money back guarantee that you would kill the dominant buck within 4 days of using his system, which it turns out is a combination of deer urine and removing all your human scent so deer can't smell you...

When someone questioned him about the removing of all human scent he said "it can be done with carbon and scent elimination spray" and went on to say that if you remove all of your scent and wear head to toe camo you can walk right up to bedded bucks and poke them with a stick, he said he has done so many times...

His buddy told me that the one big buck he did shoot, was shot in New Berlin (a rich suburb of Milwaukee) right after it 1st became legal to hunt on private land there with bow only. A couple years back he said he was going to use his 4 day system the next year on public land to show the system would work anywhere... The next year when questioned again about that comment he said he decided not to, and quit hunting cause his system made it too easy, so now he just helps others.

As far as I know, to this day I believe he has shot one big buck... Based on his system that is guaranteed to kill the doimINANT BUCK WITHIN 4 DAYS, that means he has only hunted with the system for four days...

:? :? :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Kill the dominant buck in 4 days???...........:think:

If I play my cards right and get the time off work I could hop from state to state and fill up every wall in my house in one season. :mrgreen:

If it was that easy it wouldn't even be fun.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”