Huntable bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Re: Huntable bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:40 am

Stanley wrote:Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Wish we could skip the advertisements.

I could skip them, just click on the timeline ahead a ways.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 am

stash59 wrote:A little off topic but. Some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen have been in August. Out in the fields a good 1-11/2 hours before dark. So anywhere from 8 pm on. I've always had a suspicion that these deer still moved at the same time. According to the clock. Not the sun. As the days got shorter. Any of you trail camera gurus see anything to back up my theory on this?

On the MWW video Bill said the bucks naturally move later. But as I stated is it that they are just moving at the same time still each day?

Thanx!!

I agree with this.... daylight wanes and the bucks continue moving at same time.

although pressure can back them up an hour or two more before arriving at crop fields

Once the pressure cracks... I have watched bucks stand up in their beds out in the marsh and just stand there until 10 min prior to dark. So pressure comes into play as well.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 am

Bucky wrote:
stash59 wrote:A little off topic but. Some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen have been in August. Out in the fields a good 1-11/2 hours before dark. So anywhere from 8 pm on. I've always had a suspicion that these deer still moved at the same time. According to the clock. Not the sun. As the days got shorter. Any of you trail camera gurus see anything to back up my theory on this?

On the MWW video Bill said the bucks naturally move later. But as I stated is it that they are just moving at the same time still each day?

Thanx!!

I agree with this.... daylight wanes and the bucks continue moving at same time.

although pressure can back them up an hour or two more before arriving at crop fields

Once the pressure cracks... I have watched bucks stand up in their beds out in the marsh and just stand there until 10 min prior to dark. So pressure comes into play as well.

Thanx Bucky!! Cool when an Idea gets backed up once in awhile.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:13 am

All bucks are killable. Its just some deer are more killable during different parts of the season.believe your trailcams they aren't lieing to you. Some deer show up at certain times every year on cams and dissapear the same time evry year. So I want to maximize my time hunting deer when I believe I can kill them .obviously anything can happen but I don't ignore the proof my trailcams give me on patterns/movement

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:35 am

tim wrote:All bucks are killable. Its just some deer are more killable during different parts of the season.believe your trailcams they aren't lieing to you. Some deer show up at certain times every year on cams and dissapear the same time evry year. So I want to maximize my time hunting deer when I believe I can kill them .obviously anything can happen but I don't ignore the proof my trailcams give me on patterns/movement

Good post - proof is in the pictures!
Time stamps are very important, was it 1 hour b4 sunset or one hour after sunset...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”