Too late?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Re: Too late?

Unread postby olivertractor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:44 am

attackone wrote:just got hammered with rain and maybe some more tonight, there is one more area that i wanted to check out and thought since it rained it would be good to go for today. Since the ground should be wet when i go would my scent still linger if we dont get any more rain to wash it way or should i just wait and try to go before/during the rain.

Scent will hold with damp woods, wait for prior to heavy rain

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Too late?

Unread postby dan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:53 am

There certainly is some bed shifting from now to oct. 1st... But, the best stuff, the primary bedding is used year round. Andrae goes in and kicks bucks out of primary bedding and then goes back and shoots them there anywhere from a day later to a couple monthes later... So, going in now in my opinion will do some damage, but if you have no leads it will likely help more than it hurts.

I say go in get the intel you need and get out. If you can do it right before a storm all the better... Once you have to needed intel, don't keep wandering around, get out till kill time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”