Ozonics? For those that own one...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Re: Ozonics? For those that own one...

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:43 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Wind wasn't right for the set. Postponing until I get the right weather.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Tried to get out last night for this experiment, but deer were already on their feet. I think I may roll with it this weekend for gits and shiggles.

I ended up buying one... Figure I can get my money back if I don't feel its doing anything positive for me.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:45 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Wind wasn't right for the set. Postponing until I get the right weather.

Tried to get out last night for this experiment, but deer were already on their feet. I think I may roll with it this weekend for gits and shiggles.

I ended up buying one... Figure I can get my money back if I don't feel its doing anything positive for me.

Let us know of your findings.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:29 am

dirt nap giver wrote:I have one and have used it off and on over the last 2 years on private land mostly. My conclusion is that the deer down wind smell the ozone and know something is there, but just can't pinpoint what it is. For those who say it doesn't work in a tree, I beg to differ. I use it when I take my Bride out on opening day of firearm season. We are both set up in a pop up blind and we have had some deer smell and hop away, while others just flicked their tail and continued on their way. That's with 2 people in the blind. Makes me wonder what would happen if we had 2 machines going as the manufacturer recommends.

I experience the same thing without any scent control. I have deer "downwind" at times that look cautious but never spook. Very rarely do i ever spook deer. The thing is, I know my human odor is alive and well but for whatever reason my scent isn't hitting them in the nose. That's why I have a hard time believing in ozonics. There is no way to prove that your scent is even getting to them even if they are downwind. It seems as though people using the machine still spook just as many deer as those without. If there was a way to actually follow your scent stream, I don't think there would be an argument.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 pm

People say, "Prove it doesn't work". How about "Prove that it does work"....?
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:27 pm

This thread is still going on?

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:People say, "Prove it doesn't work". How about "Prove that it does work"....?

I'm still being very critical of it right now by doing a lot of outside the box tests. At some point you need to believe or not believe it works. No different than the claims that one camouflage works better than others.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:39 pm

cdeam wrote:This thread is still going on?

Yep! I know I will be posting my findings well into the post season. I hope others using speak up on their unbiased experiences for and against its efficacy, not their opinions.

I wonder if Andrae is packing one yet. I know he was strongly considering it. I'm sure the experiences of the original "Lone Wolf" carry more weight than mine. Will people think less of him if he does? :think:

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:47 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:People say, "Prove it doesn't work". How about "Prove that it does work"....?

I'm still being very critical of it right now by doing a lot of outside the box tests. At some point you need to believe or not believe it works. No different than the claims that one camouflage works better than others.

You are right about one thing in that post, Its about what a person 'believes'.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

You are right about one thing in that post, Its about what a person 'believes'.

Indeed. I've seen you quote the bible before. I assume you have undeniable proof to defend your faith?

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Prove that it isn't true.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Prove that it isn't true.

Exactly! Are you ready for the leap?

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah, bring it.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 pm

How do you plan to test the effectiveness of the Ozonics machine? Are going to base it off of actual scientific data, or are you gonna say, yep, it works because I saw a bunch of deer? This is the issue I have with the Ozonics theories. I may have missed it, but I haven't seen or read squat that this machine is the reason people are seeing deer. All I hear and read is, "Oh, I seen a huge buck and he didn't smell me, so this machine does work". How does anyone say that with any truth to back it up?
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Don't be afraid to have a different opinion Burkhart. People are too concerned about their egos and don't question anything anymore. Sad world.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:How do you plan to test the effectiveness of the Ozonics machine? Are going to base it off of actual scientific data, or are you gonna say, yep, it works because I saw a bunch of deer? This is the issue I have with the Ozonics theories. I may have missed it, but I haven't seen or read squat that this machine is the reason people are seeing deer. All I hear and read is, "Oh, I seen a huge buck and he didn't smell me, so this machine does work". How does anyone say that with any truth to back it up?

I'm putting out a lot of good stuff if you've read above. Not just observation with the thing hanging above you. I plan to do more testing outside what most post...observation with the unit hanging above you in the tree.

I'm not convinced it works well on public deer yet. If you've read the above, my theory is it significantly diminishes their ability to smell for a short period of time. I have the suspicion that public land deer get spooked when this happens.

[ Post madeg via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”