Guilty or not guilty of taking a buck illegally?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Diid the kid take the buck illegally?

The buck was taken illegally
40%
The buck was taken legally
60%

Total votes: 99
bigwoodsmn

Re: Guilty or not guilty of taking a buck illegally?

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:40 am

Must have been black and white... illegal. Did he lose any privileges for a period of time?

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:45 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Stanley wrote:
cdeam wrote:I would like to see him found guilty. However, I would like to see his penalty be minor due to the fact he is a kid hunting a family farm. Maybe a $500 fine or something. But let him keep the mount. So what is the answer stan?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

The DNR offered the Kid a deal (not sure of the amount) in fines and he would lose the antlers, deer meat and his bow. They told him the fines would be much greater if it went to court.

Their favorite move, The Scare Tactic!

That's it? He took a plea bargain? From November to April, that's what it boiled down to? So in the end, this is a case without an actual conclusion... not guilty, guilty, or agree to a stand off and never have an actual verdict. .... The discussion was interesting nonetheless.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 am

:?
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 am

So he plead no contest and took a reduced punishment? I couldn't see him doing much better in a jury trial.

Is he still living in WI?

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:30 am

I'm not sure if there has been a clearcut answer as to what actually happened?

BuckyHunter13

Unread postby BuckyHunter13 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 am

I'd assume his lawyer felt he was going to be found guilty, given they took the deal. If there was a loophole to be found he would've gone to trial.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:40 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:So he plead no contest and took a reduced punishment? I couldn't see him doing much better in a jury trial.

The kid declined the plea deal and took it to court. The end result was the DNR did not have any evidence the kid wasn't an Iowa resident. So he was pronounced innocent due to lack of evidence by the prosecution. The DNR was ordered to turn the rack over to the kid. It ended up costing the kid thousands in attorney fees though. Not guilty.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 am

Stanley wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:So he plead no contest and took a reduced punishment? I couldn't see him doing much better in a jury trial.

The kid declined the plea deal and took it to court. The end result was the DNR did not have any evidence the kid wasn't an Iowa resident. So he was pronounced innocent due to lack of evidence by the prosecution. The DNR was ordered to turn the rack over to the kid. It ended up costing the kid thousands in attorney fees though. Not guilty.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Stanley wrote:
cdeam wrote:I would like to see him found guilty. However, I would like to see his penalty be minor due to the fact he is a kid hunting a family farm. Maybe a $500 fine or something. But let him keep the mount. So what is the answer stan?

The DNR offered the Kid a deal (not sure of the amount) in fines and he would lose the antlers, deer meat and his bow. They told him the fines would be much greater if it went to court.

Their favorite move, The Scare Tactic!

Absolutely
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Stanley wrote:

Yes he lives in Wisconsin.
BuckyHunter13

Unread postby BuckyHunter13 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:47 am

Bittersweet. Good he won. Sucks he hadn't just graduated law school.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 am

Stanley wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Stanley wrote:

Yes he lives in Wisconsin.

Officially a WI resident or is he still playing the game? :lol:

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:19 am

Interesting. I did not realize he was working in Wisconsin at the time of the issue - thought he was going to school. To me that would change things but I guess the courts didn't think so.

All you guys slobbering to hunt Iowa as a resident but unwilling to move here now know how. Get your parents to move here :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 am

JoeRE wrote:Interesting. I did not realize he was working in Wisconsin at the time of the issue - thought he was going to school. To me that would change things but I guess the courts didn't think so.

All you guys slobbering to hunt Iowa as a resident but unwilling to move here now know how. Get your parents to move here :lol:

The prosecution had no documentation the kid was living in Wisconsin (or didn't dig any up). The kid had documentation he was an Iowa resident. It wasn't so much the kid wasn't guilty, it was the fact the DNR couldn't prove it. So not guilty
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 am

typical government, arrest someone with no actual proof of guilt because of a "complaint". Then tyr to strong arm the person into taking a plea.

Whoever arrested the kid should be prosecuted for kidnapping.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”