marshy

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

yungbuck
500 Club

marshy

Unread postby yungbuck » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 am

scouted some marshes today and was barely on the deer activity

we have had the most wet summer I can remember and I am wondering if this impacts the deer travel/bedding

i hit all the typical places (points of timber/brush leading from woods to cattails) and even located some huge trees on these edges but they were all under water I was up to my waist at some poits in the catts and wondered if this wet summer has pushed the deer to other areas. when the fall comes and the water dries up will the deer start to move back to these points? when the hunting pressure picks up will these beds then open up-

any general summer thoughts vs fall or winter for these marshes

thanks for any insights

YB

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
Dewey

Re: marshy

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:50 am

If anything high water makes bedding much more predictable due to limited options unless everything is under water. I would look closely at a quality topo that shows very slight elevations. Sometimes these will only be a foot higher than the surrounding area so will have to be found on foot since they will likely not show up on topos.

If the water levels drop the typical points and transitions will be used again fairly quickly so don't give up on them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”