Thoughts on Hecs??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sunset samurai

Thoughts on Hecs??

Unread postby sunset samurai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 am

No preference either way, just curious on you guys thoughts of the HECs suit thats continuously advertised on Pursuit. Any science behind this thing or pure hoakum?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jackson Marsh

Re: Thoughts on Hecs??

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

Not credible IMO.

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 am

sunset samurai wrote:No preference either way, just curious on you guys thoughts of the HECs suit thats [glow=red]continuously advertised on Pursuit[/glow]. Any science behind this thing or pure hoakum?

That right there is reasonable evidence it is a gimmick.

A tinfoil hat probably works just as well....there is ZERO science that mammals can detect the electro-magnetic wavelengths we are talking about. Some can see into the IR (ifrared) and ultraviolet range but that's it as far as I know.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:27 am

I believe deer have an ability to detect a theat somewhat similarly to humans. Do we both make mistakes sometimes and suffer the consequences? Yes...deer, being a prey species and masters of their environments to an extent that we are not, are better at detecting threats in the woods than we often give them credit for. What I have noticed is that as long as my scent stream is in my favor, I do not get detected.

I think the only way I could be convinced is if Dan or one of the other old timers on here tried one and said it made a difference.

One thing I know for sure is that people have no shame in lieing and making up B.S. to make money. Granted, some of these "Seen on TV" commercials do what they claim to do, most are just plain crap. Think of Bill Crosby playing himself off as "America's Dad" all the while being a serial rapist.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
TNstalker

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:29 am

I will let u know if it works I bought one myself. It works well with turkey's crawled within ten yards of one an a buddy has one walked across an open field to twenty yards of one. But can't tell you for sure it will work on deer but they have a strong pull to the moon so if it helps with turkey's bet it will help with deer. But we also where ghillies an make every effort to reduce our sent as much as possible. So we try to put every thing in our favor the best we can.

hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:37 am

Had turkeys within feet of me at various times over many years in just regular camo. I wouldnt put my money into the suit, IMO
TNstalker

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:53 am

Me too but when a say crawl I don't mean slow an easy. Never noticed me at all no cover what so ever then he died. But to each his own lot of products don't help but believe this could be worth a shot or u guys could ask me how it has work for me I would be even willing to do test for folks with my suit to help anyone make up there mind. I've also tried to scoot my feet build a static charge to shock people an couldn't

mheichelbech
500 Club

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 am

I think the one thing you can depend on with this site is that people will not disrespect you for trying it. You may see, as has already been posted, people disputing the potential effecriveness with their own experiences. Most good hunters have had animals very close by at various points. I think it can only be proven over the course of a season or seasons which is still very hard to do given the unpredictable nature of deer.
I will be very interested to see what happens with you wearing the suit...if you notice any difference.

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:57 am

I can't say it works or it doesn't because I've never used it but I don't think I would buy it regardless. Let's just say for arguments sake that it works exactly as advertised and you can just walk up to within feet of an animal. Then to me it's no different than sitting back 1000 yards with a high dollar rifle and killing an animal. It might take the challenge and fun out of it for me. By all means though, if you feel differently and want to try it, go for it.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
mheichelbech
500 Club

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:31 am

Wlog wrote:I can't say it works or it doesn't because I've never used it but I don't think I would buy it regardless. Let's just say for arguments sake that it works exactly as advertised and you can just walk up to within feet of an animal. Then to me it's no different than sitting back 1000 yards with a high dollar rifle and killing an animal. It might take the challenge and fun out of it for me. By all means though, if you feel differently and want to try it, go for it.

People were saying the same things about compound bows and scent lok when they first came out. This suit, even if it did work, doesn't overcome scent, sight nor noise issues.
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 am

I do have one, bought back in 2011. Before that, I have had deer walk up to me and sniff my hands when sitting on the ground. What I have noticed is that it seems to take the edge off them. But if u play everything right, I don't think u would Notice the difference. I'm not really sure. The year I shot my big buck, I had a fork horn walk by me on the ground at about 15' or so and he never spooked. A 1/2 hr later I shot a doe at 15yds, she ran off, the big Buck walked to where she was, I shot him, and the fork horn Was 15yds in the other direction and he never moved either, I could have shot him as well. Did the suit work?, maybe or was the smell of the in heat doe to much, maybe. The whole point of the suit is to take the edge off, it seems to work. There again, maybe it is the beast tactics. Who really knows. I've been Picked off with it on as well. Pixy dust? Maybe. If u have the cash to blow go for it. If not, don't.

cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:43 am

Hocus pocus, alakazam. Now we're buying magic suits? Maybe it's like scent lok and it's part of a system. Get the suit now and next year buy the anti-telekinetic hat because deers have ESPN and stuff. Give me a break. Sorry. Rant over

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:51 am

I've never seen or used one but it's an interesting topic that's for sure

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:26 am

Be sure to report back TNstalker, curious to hear from someone not affiliated with the company, on their findings in real world conditions.

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:35 am

mag1 wrote:I do have one, bought back in 2011. Before that, I have had deer walk up to me and sniff my hands when sitting on the ground. What I have noticed is that it seems to take the edge off them. But if u play everything right, I don't think u would Notice the difference. I'm not really sure. The year I shot my big buck, I had a fork horn walk by me on the ground at about 15' or so and he never spooked. A 1/2 hr later I shot a doe at 15yds, she ran off, the big Buck walked to where she was, I shot him, and the fork horn Was 15yds in the other direction and he never moved either, I could have shot him as well. Did the suit work?, maybe or was the smell of the in heat doe to much, maybe. The whole point of the suit is to take the edge off, it seems to work. There again, maybe it is the beast tactics. Who really knows. I've been Picked off with it on as well. Pixy dust? Maybe. If u have the cash to blow go for it. If not,

[size=7 Thats interesting its kinda like when people claim to have a lucky hat or a magic grunt call or whatever it may be. The product could have played a part or maybe ya just did everything right that day, meaning to or not. Whatever the case may be it is interesting. 5][ Post made via Android ][/size] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”