Outdoor life mag. - Stealth strips

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Re: Outdoor life mag. - Stealth strips

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:34 am

Thats awsome im thinking of running the stealth strips on my alpha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:38 am

If there was a way to package stealth strips in a hockey tape type roll, that could be useful for many wrapping situations. Heck I might even put it on my hockey sticks then!
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:49 am

Stealth Strips go on a lot of my hunting gear, in fact I'm due to order some more!

Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 am

Gosh it sounds like I'm stating the hockey tape is as good or that I recommend it. I didn't and don't. Although it is an alternative it's not nearly as effective as the stealth strips and I tried to make that clear. That's not how I though it would turn out to be honest.

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 am

Spysar wrote:OK....I just went to Stealth Outdoors website and placed an order.

All the Stealth Strip products are VERY reasonably priced. And shipping is pretty cheap too.

And there is an easy checkout paypal option. Real easy, and very reasonable. And I'm a cheap bastard, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

*** [glow=red]I also want to Stealth Strip my old turkey gun. I think a gun kit might be cool[/glow]***

Thanks Spy. I was heading downriver this morning when I got your order. I have another email on my phone, but my orders come to my phone. I sent you an email from an account I don't use for Stealth, to let you know I got it. I just got back home, so yours will ship Monday.

On the pricing that they listed Stealth Strips $45 vs $3. That was a little disappointing to see it put that way, but I think what the were saying is that a treestand kit ($20) and a climbing stick kit ($25) were $45 together. And you could buy that amount of athletic tape for $3. I actually googled hockey tape and had a couple pop up in that $3 range. It was hard to decipher the amount of tape that was $3, but I am not going to argue it.

I will say that the adhesive used in hockey tape vs, what we use is night and day. The quality of the tape I have selected to make this product was carefully selected and anyone who has ever used it comments on how well they stick. The fabric selected is also high end material that I have used to make hunting clothing, it is very durable. So I guess after saying all that, I believe we do offer a high end solution.

Another positive is the article gets people talking about a solution to metal to metal clanking, and I am just glad Stealth Strips are part of that conversation.

Spy, I wrapped a shotgun barrel on my 12 ga. I had to rip I off, because it interfered with the bead. When I redo it, I am going to make certain it doesn't go all the way around the barrel and leave a clear straight sight line to the bead. But it will work. Dang adhesive is still on my barrel, but I got the fabric ripped off.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 am

dan wrote:Sorry Lou... I guess I didn't know you did custom stuff for any body but me :lol: Thought I was special!

You are.

Funny I also used to use a lot of electrical and duct tape for carrying screw in steps around.

oh poop, I mistakenly edited your post instead of quoting. Ooops, I don't think I know how to fix that,

Sorry
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Gosh it sounds like I'm stating the hockey tape is as good or that I recommend it. I didn't and don't. Although it is an alternative it's not nearly as effective as the stealth strips and I tried to make that clear. That's not how I though it would turn out to be honest.

Andy, you have been a loyal customer and I know that. Thanks for helping Stealth Strips and Stealth Outdoors get mentioned in Outdoor Life. I greatly appreciate it.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:28 am

I won some this past winter.... can't wait to give a trial this fall! Thanks again Lou

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 am

I just took off my old cable silencers and replaced with new on my Alpha, and touched up some overlooked areas. Should be good to go. :mrgreen:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Gosh it sounds like I'm stating the hockey tape is as good or that I recommend it. I didn't and don't. Although it is an alternative it's not nearly as effective as the stealth strips and I tried to make that clear. That's not how I though it would turn out to be honest.

Can't sweat the small stuff... I have been quoted in a lot of articles and they never really come out the way you envision. I am sure Outdoor life had a vision for a high dollar product vs a good cheap DIY alternative... They had to print it that way. Lou has been around the block a time or two also, and I am sure he knows how it works. We have laughed together over the phone a time or two in the past about things in my articles. Lou being mentioned in there is a great thing for him regardless of the pumping of hockey tape, and actually, Lou and I both agree Hockey tape ain't bad, its better than the electrical tape from the past...
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
dan wrote:Sorry Lou... I guess I didn't know you did custom stuff for any body but me :lol: Thought I was special!

You are.

Funny I also used to use a lot of electrical and duct tape for carrying screw in steps around.

oh poop, I mistakenly edited your post instead of quoting. Ooops, I don't think I know how to fix that,

Sorry

You must not of liked the part where I said "metal on metal attracts bucks" :lol: J/K

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”