Buck bed or not?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Buck bed or not?

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:20 am

Hey guys I was scouting yesterday and came across a bed in a odd place. The point was not on my topo map . It was on a Lee side point that went west to east for about 50 yards 20 yards wide at it's widest point . I noticed a curved faint trail along the south side of the point halfway down. The bed was 20 yards below the thermal tunnel and near the top of where the point started. Their was a large single bed the point was really skinny about. 5 yards wide where the bed is . When I sat in the bed I could see the thermal tunnel above me . To my right looking down into a small creek to my left a small creek. There was a sapling at the back of the bed. The point got thick in briars at it's end and hardwoods at beginning? It had like in the hill country video many escape routes if a predator was near. Red bed dark green points light green thermal tunnel. Sorry my paintings terrible but gives a layout of point. Do you guys thick this sounds like a mature buck bedImage?Image

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: Buck bed or not?

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:47 am

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:05 am

Sounds like a buck bed to me. Was the sapling rubbed?

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 am

I did not notice a rub in the bed. There were a few rubs about 60 yards to the southwest of it up the hill and a few beds above the thermal tunnel. This spots design just gave me a good feeling . I'm new to beast hunting found many beds but I'm still trying to figure out the ones the big bucks use.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”