What week for vacation?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

What week for vacation?

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I know a lot don't want to agree with Charlie A's crazy late rut prediction, BUT like he says and facts are facts, this will be the latest full moon or second full moon after the fall equinox that anyone alive right know has ever and will ever see in they're lifetime.

I've never followed the moon phases but after hunting the past 5 days with a full moon and only seeing.....well..pretty much no deerM I'm going to have to concur that it all has some validityM

So, shall I take off, Novemner 5-15, 12-22 or as late as the 19-29?

I'm thinkin the 12-22 but even that's too late according to Charles. What do you guys think?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: What week for vacation?

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm

On the contrary... I have seen the best movement all season the last couple days and it has been really early. Also, all my friends "like Andrae" are reporting excellent sightings right now both evenings and mornings... Just take a glance at this sites kills to see that several bucks got shot in the last couple days and that sightings have gone way up.
If you want my prediction on vacation time, I would need to know where your hunting regionly.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Southern NY. About 45 minutes from New York City.

Very suburban.

I have indeed noticed all of the success all over the place on the different forums which has me stumped for the inactivity. It may just be me having bad luck lol.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:50 pm

GRFox wrote:Southern NY. About 45 minutes from New York City.

Very suburban.

I have indeed noticed all of the success all over the place on the different forums which has me stumped for the inactivity. It may just be me having bad luck lol.

I am not up on New yorks rut... Sorry. I know the midwest pretty good. My suggestion would be the same week it is at every year though.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”