Beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TNstalker

Beds

Unread postby TNstalker » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:54 pm

So I was wondering how close some of you have found your mature buck beds to each other. I know this will vary depending on food, cover terrain and other variables but some ideas would be great.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Beds

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 am

That is a really tough if not impossible question to answer. It has a lot to do with time of year. Bucks will bed side by side both early and late season, but generally separate during rut. And even after separation, its going to matter how much bedding is available per the number of mature deer. I have even seen mature bucks bed right next to each other on a few rare occasions in the rut, but in this case one has obviously taken dominance over the other.
TNstalker

Unread postby TNstalker » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 am

I guess the next question is when two points have a lot in common as far as good cover an elevation what would separate one from the other in the same general area no human pressure either.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 am

TNstalker wrote:I guess the next question is when two points have a lot in common as far as good cover an elevation what would separate one from the other in the same general area no human pressure either.

The main factor would be promenent wind direction in relation to bedding, next would be distance to main food, water, or does.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”