gps what is a good one

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraphunter

gps what is a good one

Unread postby backstraphunter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:41 pm

i,m going into hole new world of GPS any help on pointing me in right way would be great i want too be able too have the apps where it shows me state land and private lands, this is a hole new world too me

dirt nap giver

Re: gps what is a good one

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:17 pm

backstraphunter wrote:i,m going into hole new world of GPS any help on pointing me in right way would be great i want too be able too have the apps where it shows me state land and private lands, this is a hole new world too me

Garmin 62s with 24k topo. combined with Oxmaps. Download Oxmaps on your computer then transfer it to your GPS. I also bought a subscription to bing birdseye. The aerial doesnt show very well on the GPS itself, but sure is nice on the computer.
Site search The Beast for GPS and you will find a lot of info on here
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Ryan
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 pm

dirt nap giver wrote: I also bought a subscription to bing birdseye. The aerial doesnt show very well on the GPS itself, but sure is nice on the computer.

What does the subscription do that the regular free bing birds eye doesn't? I haven't seen a subscription for it, thanks
mhill

Unread postby mhill » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Any Garmin with the ability to accept a Micro SD card. Buy OnXmaps hunting map its 100 bucks for your first purchase and 30 dollars every year you decided to upgrade the chip for any changes in properties.

The On X maps will show state land and private land lines and topo and Ariel maps or a ariel map with a topo overlay.

I have a garmin Etrex 20 its simple and easy to use and affordable.

The Garmin 62s is better but more expensive.
Bowtech D350
Axcel Accutouch
Goldtip Velocity 300
Grim Reapers
XOP Enforcer

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”