Land Between the Lakes

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TNRiverRat

Land Between the Lakes

Unread postby TNRiverRat » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:49 am

Any fellow Beast members hunt LBL? Just a roll call to see if any other beast members are in my neck of the woods. Sizing up my competition 8-)

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Land Between the Lakes

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 am

I think Dan did a scouting workshop there this last spring.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28587
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 am

Yea I hunt it.

Stanley is correct. Dan did a scouting workshop there back in March.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
TNRiverRat

Unread postby TNRiverRat » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 am

Well that's what I get for slacking away from the site for a month or two. Hate that I missed that!
JackKnifeJake

Unread postby JackKnifeJake » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

I looked into hunting it but after doing some research and seeing how much it gets pounded, ill probably go elsewhere...crossing my fingers for a Ballard tag, maybe hit up Grayson lake or Sloughs wma
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:46 pm

JackKnifeJake wrote:I looked into hunting it but after doing some research and seeing how much it gets pounded, ill probably go elsewhere...crossing my fingers for a Ballard tag, maybe hit up Grayson lake or Sloughs wma

Pounded? There is virtually no bow hunting pressure there at all. It is extremely easy to find areas where no one goes. There is 1 - 2 day gun hunt in late Novemeber and quite a few there then, but a week after that and there is virtually no one there at all.
JackKnifeJake

Unread postby JackKnifeJake » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 am

Southern Man wrote:
JackKnifeJake wrote:I looked into hunting it but after doing some research and seeing how much it gets pounded, ill probably go elsewhere...crossing my fingers for a Ballard tag, maybe hit up Grayson lake or Sloughs wma

Pounded? There is virtually no bow hunting pressure there at all. It is extremely easy to find areas where no one goes. There is 1 - 2 day gun hunt in late Novemeber and quite a few there then, but a week after that and there is virtually no one there at all.

Well I am from out of state but looking at the public land results it has the highest archery total
http://app.fw.ky.gov/harvestweb/publiclandResults.aspx
TNRiverRat

Unread postby TNRiverRat » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:35 am

It is 180,000 acres. It would take alot of hunters to pound 180,000 acres.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 am

JackKnifeJake wrote:
Southern Man wrote:

Well I am from out of state but looking at the public land results it has the highest archery total

Not saying anyone would do something illegal, but remember we have telecheck system for reporting deer kills and LBL is a bonus deer :whistle: I've always thought the harvest records were a bit on the high side.

But there's a lot of ground there. I hunt there every year. No kidding, there are many places where no one goes if you look for them.
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:27 am

JackKnifeJake wrote:
Southern Man wrote:

The biggest reason for the high archery total is lblack counts as a bonus deer. A lot of people telecheck deer as lbl archery so they can kill another buck. Very misleading.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”