Scent and sense

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RidgeReaper

Scent and sense

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Ok...so i got into this argument over social media with a guy trying to drum up business for this new next and best scent product coming to market. He was saying how you literally cant do without this product and I was not referencing anyone but I kept saying how there are plenty of dudes killing bucks with little or no scent products at all and after a while he just got tired and said "hey man...good luck this year". I get the hype but does anyone buy into it? I've all but tried it all and every single time a deer gets downwind...I'm had. I'm part of a hunting show thats up and coming and I don't believe in nor use half or more of the products...just kind of ranting. I've talked with Dan personally on this and I know his take is "stay out of their nose and nothing else" but does everyone else feel the same way?

Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Re: Scent and sense

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

I use the detergent to wash and spray down for peice of mind most hunts but, scent lok or no scent lok or whatever you can never beat a whitetails nose, but its fun to try and stack the odds in your favor and ive tried lots of different things and im sure ive also been had atleast once by a deers nose using every single one so who knows, id like to think it gives me some kind of edge, but anymore these days i agree with dan and find myself thinking more that way.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 pm

:lol: :roll:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

bowhunter345 wrote:Ok...so i got into this argument over social media with a guy trying to drum up business for this new next and best scent product coming to market. He was saying how you literally cant do without this product and I was not referencing anyone but I kept saying how there are plenty of dudes killing bucks with little or no scent products at all and after a while he just got tired and said "hey man...good luck this year". I get the hype but does anyone buy into it? I've all but tried it all and every single time a deer gets downwind...I'm had. I'm part of a hunting show thats up and coming and I don't believe in nor use half or more of the products...just kind of ranting. I've talked with Dan personally on this and I know his take is "stay out of their nose and nothing else" but does everyone else feel the same way?

You probably won't get any sponsors saying scent control products don't work but your show would be popular if it ever made it on tv.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:48 pm

I have seen countless commercials of guys pushing scent products. some guys you can even tell they dont beleive it but money talks.. so they keep talking.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”