The Question Game - Deer topic

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter10
500 Club

The Question Game - Deer topic

Unread postby hunter10 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 am

I have seen this done on other forums in the day and it seems to get many members involved and becomes a fun exercise and learning tool.
If you guys find any interest in it lets see where it goes for a while

Purpose of the game will be deer hunting related for now.

1. Someone asks a question they have on their mind
2. the next post is first come first serve to answer the question (Try to let someone else answer if the question at hand is not your strong suit
3. The person who answers first gets to ask the next question (one person cannot hog the answer and question board - lets get a variety of people included)

Game goes on like that

However, If you decide to answer the question or are reading through the thread and really want more info on that question (Type "Thread Request" in the reply box. later as the game dies down, the person with the question others want to learn about can start a thread if they WANT.

Also, to get good results sometimes it takes a few mins for the write up. if you choose to answer you can simply type "ill answer" in the reply box to let everyone know and than start a new reply with your answer (reduces people beating you to an answer if your in the middle of a write up)

Example: (more information in an answer than below)

Bob - What is your preferred access tool in marsh country and why
Dale - Canoe for stealth reasons etc etc
John - Thread Request
Dale - How do you know when its time to hit a buck bedding area
Tim - blah blah blah

Get the idea. Lets try - I will start

[glow=red]1. What does a mature buck camera picture at 2am do for you, does this give you any valuable information as to how to kill him?[/glow]

isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Re: The Question Game - Deer topic

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:09 pm

To me a picture of a buck at 2am. Tells me nothing more than he has traveled there and is in the area, however if he is on the camera multiple nights in a row I will follow his tracks back to where they come from to discover his bedding area and possibly hunt if I feel confident in the set up.

For my question I would like to ask what is meant by an over head and under foot moon and how does it affect deer movement?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”