wheres there beds?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

wheres there beds?

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 am

I have been watching some nice bucks feed in a soybean field not a quarter mile from the beds i located in the marsh this past winter/spring now what? Do i go in and try and follow there tracks to see where they go or just assume tey are using the beds i found ?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: wheres there beds?

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 am

I would assume they are using those beds... But, they might not be feeding on those beans and may be in a different location come hunting season.
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Gotcha, i actually just got back home i went out and drove down a dead end rd near home where i have access to hunt, i was just glassing the fields with binocs before dark i counted 14 different deer all doe except one year and a half old spike, kind of discouraging for the area because i know there are bucks around im sure if i went back in a couple hours i would see more bucks do you agree? Like from your experience glassing and shining deer this time of year, crops are beans beets and potatos and corn, the corn is still short enough i can see there heads

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 am

A lot of the big bucks will come out right at dark or just after... Sometimes there not out long, or head back in when they hear a car... An observation stand might work better from a safe distance.

Pay attention to where they enter the field from and what winds they are there on. they may be bedding closer to the field on a certain wind direction, and arriving early.
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:07 am

dan wrote:A lot of the big bucks will come out right at dark or just after... Sometimes there not out long, or head back in when they hear a car... An observation stand might work better from a safe distance.

Pay attention to where they enter the field from and what winds they are there on. they may be bedding closer to the field on a certain wind direction, and arriving early.

It took me a while to learn this. I pinpointed the trails they were using, but never paid any attention to the WIND DIRECTION when they used these trails. Big lesson and glad Dan mentioned this.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Ok ill keep these things in mind thanks guys

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”