New member / Hill country

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter10
500 Club

Re: New member / Hill country

Unread postby hunter10 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:29 am

welcome!
Metz8
Facebook: Chase Metz

Unread postby Metz8 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 pm

stash59 wrote:Welcome and enjoy!! Have you seen the Marsh Bucks DVD? Should be more applicable to your situation. Plus there's some things mentioned in it that can apply in other circumstances also.

yes I watched Marsh Bucks yesterday. All good info of course, one thing Ive seen personally that was mentioned in Marsh bucks is deer close to roads to escape human pressure on public.... One piece i hunt is on the mississippi river 10K acres and has one main rd running though the middle of the property. There is about 20 designated parking areas and u CANT park along the road side.... when you walk to the edge of the parking area where it meets the woods there is a BEAT DOWN human trail coming out of the parking lot heading to the river. That is where 99% of hunters walk for at least a couple hundred yards then branch off their seperate ways :roll: I decided one day to park in a parking area, and walk 50 ish yards off the main road and parrell the road for a few hundred yards then cross the road and walk back to my truck ding the same thing on the other side of the road.... I jumped more deer in 2 hours of doing this in several spots,,than ive seen in 3 years hunting that place no Lie..... main thing i learned that day. WHEN YOU STOP DOING WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL! Those deer had obviously patterned the hunters and are all pushed up close to the road ;)
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Welcome! Good posts!

Remember: lurking is a little creepy.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”