Yup

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Yup

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:47 pm

http://youtu.be/4mH474a7xNQ

Took weed whip today to make some trails and clean up clover plots... cleared 2 sets... put out another cam... made 4 mock scrapes

Gearing up for weekend.... time to get the spotting scopes out and deploy a pile of cams

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Darin
500 Club

Re: Yup

Unread postby Darin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 pm

I hear ya! Ive been glassin the last 3 nights and shinning.. Got a bunch of cams out and i pinpointed the big one im after. He is using the same bed as last season. Watched him the last 2 evenings! Im gettin pumped.. Going to have to upload the footage ive been filming soon

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:01 pm

I heard weed whip and I thought you were deep in wild parsnip again! :lol:

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:06 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:I heard weed whip and I thought you were deep in wild parsnip again! :lol:

Total coverage today... hat, glasses, Hoorag, long sleeve hoodie, leather gloves, pants, boots. I was lil warm... :lol:

Soybeans look unreal this year... Farmers took second cut of alfalfa already... velvet pics are rolling in... heading West for Fri-Sun. Life is good!

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Bucky wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:I heard weed whip and I thought you were deep in wild parsnip again! :lol:

Total coverage today... hat, glasses, Hoorag, long sleeve hoodie, leather gloves, pants, boots. I was lil warm... :lol:

Soybeans look unreal this year... Farmers took second cut of alfalfa already... velvet pics are rolling in... heading West for Fri-Sun. Life is good!

:ol:

I agree. This is the fastest start I've seen on my beans since 2011. I'm glad I went with a slightly higher maturity this year. Switchgrass, corn, and clover looks awesome too. For some reason my milo looks stressed. :think:

I can't wait to check my western WI cams. This is shaping up to be an epic rack year. I'm hoping to get out the week after the 4th.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah I'm trimming spraying and mowing some plots. But weather hasn't been too bad.I like to get it all done by july bUT hopefully at very latest mid july. Maybe a spot spray b4 I plant mid aug.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm

We are getting so much rain here it's hard to do anything. Got one camera out and have done some glassing.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 pm

yep things are rolling...heading west also Friday to sunday .....

ive been glassing all week nothing big.....yet!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:05 am

Nice.I get one day tomorrow so I'm heading up with my weedwacker etc. I went 2 wees ago and the weedwacker wouldn't start I got drenched with rain and nothing went my way. Even found 1 of my cams without an sd card. So tomorrow after worki g 3rd shift I give it another go.good luck

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am

So i got all my trimming done but not with my weedwacker.it acted up again so i brought my hedger.back is sore but i got it done.nothing worth killing on cams yet....not good.at least its still early.there's a bunch of oats around this year and I've noticed deer kling to those fields until they are cut up by me.now i leave everything alone till late summer probably.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”