New land access during summer frustrations

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter10
500 Club

Re: New land access during summer frustrations

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 am

The piece sounds like a paradise to me. Thick and hooks up to another property you hunt. Win win. :think: You need a partner to hunt that ground? ;)

Trust me, having a younger brother and dedicated girlfriend who hunt.. I often find myself leaving my bow in the truck and taking them out!!

As with all things that seem golden on the outside, I imagine being in a suburban environment i will likely run into people tresspassing etc but I think the deer may tolerate human scent a little more so thats a plus.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 am

hunter10 wrote:
40 acres is very easy to hunt. Set up some observation stands sites and hunt it. This is what I do on small parcels if I don't get any intel from scouting, glassing, cameras etc.

How close do you sit observation on this small a piece. Is it close enough to still get a kill or just simply to watch a certain area from afar for later.

On a piece that small I would start on the edges and work my way in. On a piece that small, I always try to set up where I may have a shot. If you watching in the off season back farther is better.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:16 am

hunter10 wrote:
The piece sounds like a paradise to me. Thick and hooks up to another property you hunt. Win win. :think: You need a partner to hunt that ground? ;)

Trust me, having a younger brother and dedicated girlfriend who hunt.. I often find myself leaving my bow in the truck and taking them out!!

As with all things that seem golden on the outside, I imagine being in a suburban environment i will likely run into people tresspassing etc but I think the deer may tolerate human scent a little more so thats a plus.

Use this to your advantage. Hunt when the weather is cold, rainy, snowy. Also sometimes other people can push a buck your way. I had this happen in 2003 a lady walking a dog (not suburbs) pushed a good buck by me. That buck sure looks nice on the wall. ;)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”