Best rest ???????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

todd wylie
Facebook: toddwylie

Best rest ???????

Unread postby todd wylie » Sat May 23, 2015 1:03 pm

I know the question has probly been asked a 1,000 times but I need opintions on best rest. I have only ever used a wisker biscut and almost everyone says I need to get a drop away. The thing i like most about the biscut is having full containment at all times. So can I get some help?

Jackson Marsh

Re: Best rest ???????

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm a huge biscuit fan so I'm no help :lol:

Seems like there are a lot of options for full containment with drop aways, I'm sure you will get some good advice from Beasts that have used them.

Have you had trouble with the WB? I prefer idiot proof, which is why I've stuck with the WB, I never liked the idea of flippers and cords etc...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sat May 23, 2015 1:30 pm

no best. most all work and it comes down to what you want.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat May 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Whisker Biscuit. Don't let anybody tell you that you NEED a dropaway rest. I have zero accuracy issues with the Biscuit and never had it fail in any weather. Can't say the same for the dropaway I experimented with previously.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sat May 23, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm a fan of the drop away rest. I would never tell someone else what to get but the Apache and the QAD Ultrarest work well for me. I like drop away rests. Both of these offer full containment. The QAD is the better rest of the two in my opinion. But they both work well for me. There are a lot of good choices. Those are just what I have experience with. They do have advantages. Don't slow down the arrow, help reduce torque from the bow being transferred to the arrow upon release, you don't have to worry about changing rests if you change arrow outside diameter, etc.. I know the bisket is popular, but I myself struggle to see the advantages compared to a drop away. Outside of price anyway. Drop aways can get expensive.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat May 23, 2015 6:25 pm

I've shot a whisker biscuit for close to ten years now. Yeah it will slow your arrow a hair and be a touch louder, but accuracy has never been a problem. The way I see it, the more working/moving parts you've got, the higher the chance for mechanical failure.
bowkill00

Unread postby bowkill00 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 pm

For hunting purposes the whisker biscuit is hard to beat. Zero chance for falure. But the QAD drop away would be my secondpick. Just my 2 cents.

rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:07 pm

ThePreBanMan wrote:I'm a fan of the drop away rest. I would never tell someone else what to get but the Apache and the QAD Ultrarest work well for me. I like drop away rests. Both of these offer full containment. The QAD is the better rest of the two in my opinion. But they both work well for me. There are a lot of good choices. Those are just what I have experience with. They do have advantages. Don't slow down the arrow, help reduce torque from the bow being transferred to the arrow upon release, you don't have to worry about changing rests if you change arrow outside diameter, etc.. I know the bisket is popular, but I myself struggle to see the advantages compared to a drop away. Outside of price anyway. Drop aways can get expensive.

x2 I found the WB to be annoyingly loud with my bow/arrow set-up in the past so moved to the QAD UltraRest and have never looked back.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat May 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Switched from a WB to a drop away several years ago for the obvious reasons. Never looked back. Really happy with the QAD HDX. Shoots great and performs flawlessly. Pick what makes you happy. Just like bows and broadheads, they all kill deer.

Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Sat May 23, 2015 11:39 pm

QAD drop-away for me.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat May 23, 2015 11:43 pm

Went from Whisker Bisque to QAD Drop.

Didn't notice a difference at all and HOPE the QAD doesn't fail...

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 pm

I have a trophy taker Smackdown drop away on one bow and a whisker bisquit on the other. They are both great rests.. The drop away seems to shoot a little bit better for me (tighter groups) but probably not enough to notice at the distances I will be shooting at a deer.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 23, 2015 11:58 pm

They did a test on whisker biscuit vs a drop away using a shooting machine. There was hardly any difference in accuracy or not enough for a hunter to notice. I've shot a biscuit for years and love it.

Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun May 24, 2015 5:24 am

When I hunted with a vert I had a Hoyt with a Muzzy Zero Effect drop away rest and I was very happy with that rest. It has great containment for the arrow. I can't ever remember the arrow jumping the rest.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun May 24, 2015 5:52 am

Wapiti wrote:QAD drop-away for me.

Me too.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”