Thanks again DNR!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

Thanks again DNR!

Unread postby Chasman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 am

Got up early this morning for a public sit, and last week in the Chemaqueguan(which was awesome, never did a deer camp before, friend tagged a doe) forest I must have lost my back tag. Go to the gas station before hunt to get duplicate and she said no problem. After printing tag out she said that will be $30. What! Yes its $15 per license. Gun and bow on same tag. I was upset, and sitting in tree I concluded I will never combine tags again. Yes I screwed up and lost back tag. But to charge an extra $15 for the same tag! That is just to much money. Morning got more interesting, going in through tall grass some thing started to move right next me. I jumped back and there was a fawn with no rear leg movement, back was broke. Great I thought a T zone lead hurler wounded a small fawn. So I nocked an arrow and tried to figure out how to position head lamp to get one good shot. I made a good one. I was going to go Infalt on it and try and slit the throat but then wonder if there may a broadhead imbedded or sticking out I could not see. Anyway what a crazy morning. After sit, and not seeing anything checked on fawn and yep a nubbie, his front legs at the knuckles did not have any hair left from him crawling. So one good deed and another $30 wasted to the DNR. Someone must be having some extra luck because right now I don't have any.. Hope it turns this weekend.

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Thanks again DNR!

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:37 am

Hope things get turned around for you!!
snofreak

Unread postby snofreak » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 am

that's unfortunate that you had to pay that much to get your license back but leave it to DNR to make money anyway they possibly can. And that makes me sick hearing about that nubby, there is not a doubt in my mind that some T zone hunter was just throwing lead around and wounded something but was too lazy to go after it you did the right thing by putting the poor thing out of it's missery it's just too bad that buck couldn't have had 4 yrs to mature into a beast.....
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:57 am

What was the verdict of the wounded nubby? Was it from a hunter or possibly car?
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 am

its 5 bucks a lost license here... 15 is a little much!
You can't kill em on the couch
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 am

After looking over the little guy, I did not find a bullet hole, his back did have a noticeable arch to it. There was something going on in his back end, arched spine. Back was broke more likely a car accident.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 am

Every time you make a bad hit or see something like that it really makes you want to take that extra second to make sure it's a good shot.
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:28 pm

I too purchase the two tags together, and you are right $15 each for something like that is outrageous :evil: I personally, absolutely hate our (license plates) back tags here in Wisconsin, they are noisy and more than one occasion I struggled and fought with those 's tangled up in my safety harness (don't feel so safe fightin' with that!) Too bad cause of what that dumb bastard did up north a few years ago they will probably never go away here in Wisconsin. I am very glad they caught that guy, but are there any other states that have this god forsaken thing stuck to their back???

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”