B & C entries are way down.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Terry
500 Club

Re: B & C entries are way down.

Unread postby Terry » Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am

Looking at all the pics, I personally thought B&C was right about the King buck.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun May 10, 2015 1:24 pm

dan wrote:
Bowhunter4life wrote:I had my 12 I killed this year scored by 3 guys and the net score is 161 3/8ths by two of them and 161 1/8th by the other. I called an official B&C scorer and it will cost me to score it then cost me to have it entered in the books. Not sure yet if I will do it but I think that is kinda a racket really. Only one I have that would possibly go B&C net though.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Not sure if you know this, but a 160 class buck only gets "honorable mention" in one book, not permanently... To officially be a Boone and Crockett it has to net 170 as a typical... I think they allow the 160's in there for one year to make more money.

Nope I wasn't aware of that Dan, thanks for the clarification. Really hadn't read up on it too much. No way would I pay to have it enter for just a year.

ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Sun May 10, 2015 1:57 pm

That is really sad about Andrea. It is almost certain I will never shoot a P&Y or B&C. If I did however I would never enter it anyway. I never cared one bit about horns,,, only the hunt. I have seen tons of big old bucks that would have made the books. I knew an old man, he was 90 yrs old 25 yrs ago. Got to know the old guy cause I visited him cause the two brothers lived a few mi. from my cabin. When they let me into their workshop I was in awe of those racks. Two were just huge. Told me he the 14 pointer was shot in Boulder Junction around nineteen tirdy five. They just chopped the horns off and nailed em to the beams , thinking little of it. There are so many huge racks up in southwest wis, Iowa , northern WIs, northern Minnesota in so many barns and taverns it aint funny. If all were entered it would be no big deal to enter a "book buck" I dont need no adda boy and a nod from anyone to feel approved. I hope I didn't offend anyone. ,, .. . just the way I feel about it. and then pay them to enter it ?? Nah.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sun May 10, 2015 2:08 pm

dan wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:This is the first I've heard of the two situations.
What happened with the King buck?
And Andreas?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

There was a nice write about the King buck, but I wasn't aware of Andrae's situation. Could someone shed some light on the situation. Thanks.

Its a long story, but basically he was in Illinois filming a hunt for his daughter and he bought the expensive non-res tags for him and Ashley but forgot to buy the $5 habitat stamp. They were stopped on Andraes shared lease and they told Andrae he could take the fine (even though he was filming not hunting) or they were citing his daughter.
Then, in a search of the lease they found a stand over looking an area where there used to be a cattle salt lick. The stand belonged to one of the other lease members whom claimed he did not know it was an old cattle lick.
They charged Andrae with the stand and the invaild license and he went to a meeting with the district attourney. He brought the guy whose stand was over salt lick (his name was also engraved into the stand) and the "bait" charges were dropped, but he agreed he should have bought the stamps, and would of hunted if he had not been stopped and agreed to take credit for Ashleys ticket.
When it was all said and over, a DNR warden did a press release stating that Andrae D'Aquisto was charged with hunting over bait without a valid license... What they said was actually true, but they worded it in a way to look like he did not buy any license and as if he was hunting over a truck load of corn...

Pope and young immediately announced they were removing all of Andraes bucks without ever contacting him for his side of the story. Because of that action, they will never ever receive an entry from me. Andrae has way better ethics than I do, and its because of him that I have the higher ethics and morals I do today...

That story was all over this forum when it happened, you can search it if you want.

Thanks Dan, now that you mention it I do remember this being talked about. And you are correct about the state record entry as well. I entered 2 of mine in p and y and will never enter another one. I don't see the point. I enter mine in our state record book. Same $20 from 8 years ago, every year if you enter one it renews your membership and your allowed to enter any previously shot bucks for free that year as well.

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun May 10, 2015 4:09 pm

I havent killed a Booner but have taking various other trophys... I have never entered any. If I did get a booner i wouldnt enter it either. Id mount it myself n add it to my collection in the basement.

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 am

dan wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:This is the first I've heard of the two situations.
What happened with the King buck?
And Andreas?

There was a nice write about the King buck, but I wasn't aware of Andrae's situation. Could someone shed some light on the situation. Thanks.

Its a long story, but basically he was in Illinois filming a hunt for his daughter and he bought the expensive non-res tags for him and Ashley but forgot to buy the $5 habitat stamp. They were stopped on Andraes shared lease and they told Andrae he could take the fine (even though he was filming not hunting) or they were citing his daughter.
Then, in a search of the lease they found a stand over looking an area where there used to be a cattle salt lick. The stand belonged to one of the other lease members whom claimed he did not know it was an old cattle lick.
They charged Andrae with the stand and the invaild license and he went to a meeting with the district attourney. He brought the guy whose stand was over salt lick (his name was also engraved into the stand) and the "bait" charges were dropped, but he agreed he should have bought the stamps, and would of hunted if he had not been stopped and agreed to take credit for Ashleys ticket.
When it was all said and over, a DNR warden did a press release stating that Andrae D'Aquisto was charged with hunting over bait without a valid license... What they said was actually true, but they worded it in a way to look like he did not buy any license and as if he was hunting over a truck load of corn...

Pope and young immediately announced they were removing all of Andraes bucks without ever contacting him for his side of the story. Because of that action, they will never ever receive an entry from me. Andrae has way better ethics than I do, and its because of him that I have the higher ethics and morals I do today...

That story was all over this forum when it happened, you can search it if you want.

I remember the topic now, but I didn't know P&Y did that.

It is typical these days to hear one side and let it influence your decision. There are always 3 sides..........

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Tue May 12, 2015 12:37 pm

I haven't shot a B & C yet but if I do I likely wont enter it since I've never entered any of the P & Y bucks I've killed either.
There is a lot of controversy over these clubs and their rules. I know its a way for some to zone in on trophy potential and in some cases if you were entering a lot of animals in the books you could find yourself with a lot more company in the areas you hunt.
Sometimes it best to just fly under the radar :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”