buck/doe beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowkill00

buck/doe beds

Unread postby bowkill00 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:50 am

Just curious if any of you beast members hunt mountanous terrain? Where I hunt down south I've found that as the deer season progresses during late season the deer bed at the very top right under the bluff with the steep rock bluff to their back looking down and using the rising thermals to smell danger from below. I've killed several bucks by sneaking up to the edge and killing them in their beds. (Gun) Curious if anybody else uses this tactic or witnessed deer bed this way. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: buck/doe beds

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:59 am

I have seen that work in Western Wisconsins rocky bluffs. But often there is a wind from behind that rolls down to the buck, in that case coming in on an angle would work.
JackKnifeJake

Re: buck/doe beds

Unread postby JackKnifeJake » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:44 am

This was my first year out scouting and jumped a buck after season, bedded in the same type of area. all the sides were almost straight up except for a small creek that came down the east facing slope. I followed the creek to a staging area and oak trees.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”