How many carry while hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Do you carry while hunting?

yes
58%
no
42%

Total votes: 99
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: How many carry while hunting?

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 pm

If a bow and arrows was good enough for self defense, why buy a hand gun at all? We could just carry our bow everywhere we go or drive... Truth is, its not a defense weapon for several reasons. Even if we were quick enough to out shoot a a crazy man with a gun, after putting an arrow thru him he would shoot you before he died anyway.

In no way is a bow a defense weapon. Its a hunting tool, and one your attacker knows you have. Best to have him not even know you have a real defense weapon in your pocket or on your belt.

kotimaki

Unread postby kotimaki » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Just think of the "street cred" one would get if he took out a home invader with archery tackle...that would send a message..

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 am

dan wrote:I have run into several whack jobs while shining where I wished I had a gun...

This, shining really seems to bring nut jobs out of the woodwork. It's almost as if the spotlight draws them in, like moths to a flame.
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:14 am

Yes I carry while I hunt Public
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 pm

I feel lost without my pistol. I carry it everywhere. There aren't any negatives to being prepared.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Zap wrote:Why do you folks live in these anti gun states?

Some live their lives as free men - regardless of what the laws on the subject say. Remember dissent is the highest form of Patriotism.. Or so the liberals tell us..
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:41 am

Yes , I carry while bowhunting. No worries about wild animals or dogs....its people that scare me. :lol:
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Nope, not allowed in Canada but if I could I would, especially when Moose hunting ;)
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm

In MN you can carry a pistol on the water and in the woods if you are legal to own a pistol. However, I'm not sure how that works when you get to your vehicle. I guess I don't know if you're supposed to unload and case immediately, or what. It's better to get your right to carry permit and carry as often as possible. Hunting or not hunting.
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Mon May 11, 2015 2:46 pm

I am sure a lot of people carry. As I got out of my car to scout a place, Two girls were hiking and they stopped to talk to me. One was a pretty sharp lookin little number too. I was surprised they didn't keep walking and showed no distrust. I told them I scout morels, sparegus, shed antlers and have a trail cam out there. She asked If I ever see bear or bobcats. Not in the Kettles I said. I just wonder if they had a gun,,,, not that I mind. Kinda hope they did, not everyone is so trusting as a humble guy like me.!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:59 am

This was a good conversation... I can see real fast reading thru, some people think nothing bad will ever happen to them, and some think sooner or later evil will come knocking.
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:23 am

E72 wrote:Yes , I carry while bowhunting. No worries about wild animals or dogs....its people that scare me. :lol:

90 percent of the time I don't, but I agree with this.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 am

Voted yes.

This is still situational. I’m more than not carrying a firearm at all times. It’s on me more than not.

If I’m bow hunting then yes I’m packing concealed defense.

If I’m alone mostly I’m packing my concealed defense even if I’ve got a long gun.

If I’m gun hunting and have friends I’m going with I sometimes don’t carry the extra weight and bulk.

If it’s raining or I know I might get wet, then I might decide to leave it behind.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:59 am

I carry at all times when I'm bowhunting and most of the time when I'm gun hunting. It's second nature at this point to have a pistol on my hip and I don't feel safe keeping it in my car while hunting with all of the thefts we've had in the public land parking lots around here.
Groundhunter@1
500 Club

Unread postby Groundhunter@1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 am

I hear here, alot of bravado, and bs. Sorry if that offends you, but my fellow veterans know what I am talking about.

I carried, all of my career. Most carriers today, don't train, and don't engage. With all the mass shootings today, you can't tell me, there are those that were not carrying, however they did not engage.

From real world experience, You Will Perform, As You Train..... You better be ready, because once you pull the trigger, your life will change.

I am not saying, you should not protect your life, but be ready....

At 74, if you pull a gun on me, you better pull the trigger, or I will rip your throat out in short order.

I think ccw is a good thing. I think training is poor.
Killing another man, is not easy. So remember the responsibility you bear, while you carry.

My beliefs come from real world experience,
So be trained, be ready, and be responsible

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”