How many carry while hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Do you carry while hunting?

yes
58%
no
42%

Total votes: 99
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Re: How many carry while hunting?

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm

dan wrote:It can change... Wisconsin used to be a very Liberal state, but things started changing when we got Walker in office.

One of our few Republican governors, Governor Romney, Signed a permanent assault-weapons ban as governor of the Bay State. “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said at the July 1, 2004, signing ceremony. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

We now have another Republican Governor, Governor Baker. Maybe he will work out a little better but I suspect he is another RINO (Republican In Name Only) Time will tell.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:13 pm

If you like water you should not live in the desert..... :P
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Zap wrote:The day everyone votes there will be a lot of states that vote for liberal policies.

True... But, the liberal mindset around here is that they all vote, regardless of knowing anything about politics. They vote on emotion, they march everytime a black crimminal gets shot, they have fits about everything, while the conservitives by nature have better things to do, and most don't vote... I have a lot of friends who are very conservitive but never voted until they got mad..
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm

I always carry while hunting, but rarely when scouting. The reason being I am more concerned about the 2 legged critters, of which I have been in a few hairy situations with.
tysonhunter

Unread postby tysonhunter » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Hello all. Long time lurker first time poster. I always carry regardless of the activity. (Except work related activities) I'd much rather have and not need than the reciprocal. Especially since in the hoosier state there's many confirmed outdoor meth cooking operations discovered deep on public land. As previously stated, when incidentally interrupting criminal activity desperation pushes people to extremes. The way I see it, I have an obligation to increase my odds of coming home to my family.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:04 am

tysonhunter wrote:Hello all. Long time lurker first time poster. I always carry regardless of the activity. (Except work related activities) I'd much rather have and not need than the reciprocal. Especially since in the hoosier state there's many confirmed outdoor meth cooking operations discovered deep on public land. As previously stated, when incidentally interrupting criminal activity desperation pushes people to extremes. The way I see it, I have an obligation to increase my odds of coming home to my family.

Got that right!
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Racks&Beards

Unread postby Racks&Beards » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:17 am

I have carried while hunting for about as long as I remember.....except back when it was illegal in Missouri while bowhunting :liar:

Depending on what I'm wearing and how layered up I am will determine whether I carry concealed or open.
Speed is fine...Accuracy is final.
whitetaildave24

Unread postby whitetaildave24 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:38 am

I always carry, because you just never know.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:11 am

I don't carry while hunting but I can understand why some do. I have enough things to carry and a gun isn't a priority :D
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Up until a few years ago you were allowed to open carry in my state while hunting. they changed the rules and now you are not allowed .which is BS and now you have to have a concealed carry permit. makes no freakin sense. Every year I kick around getting my permit but something always comes up. I however open carry at work. I have a knack for finding wild dogs that want to take a piece out of me but I've never had any hang-ups while hunting. I figured if I can't take it out with an arrow I'm in survival mode and anything that isn't nailed done is a weapon at that point.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Bigburner wrote:Up until a few years ago you were allowed to open carry in my state while hunting. they changed the rules and now you are not allowed .which is BS and now you have to have a concealed carry permit. makes no freakin sense. Every year I kick around getting my permit but something always comes up. I however open carry at work. I have a knack for finding wild dogs that want to take a piece out of me but I've never had any hang-ups while hunting. I figured if I can't take it out with an arrow I'm in survival mode and anything that isn't nailed done is a weapon at that point.

No better time to get your permit. In MN, the only time you cannot carry is if you're shining deer. As if a legal pistol carry permit holder is going to become a poacher with his pistol. Liberal logic is not logical.

kotimaki

Unread postby kotimaki » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:55 pm

A couple years after the sawyer co Wisconsin incident that ended tragically , I was on a week long remote , boat in hunt and my group had an individual show up at our campsite mid day waving a shotgun at us and demanding that we pack up and leave. The wardens and troopers sorted things out for us and no blood was shed , but it could have been entirely different....I carry now , because you just never know.

tysonhunter

Unread postby tysonhunter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:12 pm

I can agree that being armed with your hunting weapon of choice is sufficient for the most part and concealed carry is likely overkill. However, archery tackle is not my first choice of self defense. Furthermore, if I'm being honest with myself, the most dangerous situation I put myself in is traveling at 3 am in route to my hunting destination. Whether it's a stranded motorist or I have vehicle mechanical issues or probably most dangerous being the gas station at 3 am my personal preference is to be prepared to defend myself and not count on a LEO(s) response.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm

bigwoodsmn wrote:
Bigburner wrote:Up until a few years ago you were allowed to open carry in my state while hunting. they changed the rules and now you are not allowed .which is BS and now you have to have a concealed carry permit. makes no freakin sense. Every year I kick around getting my permit but something always comes up. I however open carry at work. I have a knack for finding wild dogs that want to take a piece out of me but I've never had any hang-ups while hunting. I figured if I can't take it out with an arrow I'm in survival mode and anything that isn't nailed done is a weapon at that point.

No better time to get your permit. In MN, the only time you cannot carry is if you're shining deer. As if a legal pistol carry permit holder is going to become a poacher with his pistol. Liberal logic is not logical.

Wish that would change in WI too. I don't shine nearly as much as I did before because it's inconvenient to drop my gun off at home if I am out and about. As long as you have a permit common sense says it should be legal. Unfortunately common sense isn't so common anymore.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 pm

I have run into several whack jobs while shining where I wished I had a gun...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”