privacy.?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

privacy.?

Unread postby tim » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:24 am

So since it seems to be touched on from time to time..just wondering the level of peoples privacy whent it comes to hunting.we all know the loudmouths that can't keep quiet about anything.for me once I kill it I could care less whi knows.its yesterdays news.its always more about the next buck that I'm more secretive about.what say you

[ Post made via Android ] Image

whitetailassasin

Re: privacy.?

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 am

tim wrote:So since it seems to be touched on from time to time..just wondering the level of peoples privacy whent it comes to hunting.we all know the loudmouths that can't keep quiet about anything.for me once I kill it I could care less whi knows.its yesterdays news.its always more about the next buck that I'm more secretive about.what say you

I will show pictures, tell set ups, say what state I'm from. But I will not post maps, rds, names of any specifics. I think there is a difference between sharing wealth of knowledge and being a loud mouth. I love learning from other guys and how they do it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:12 am

Keep it to yourself. Only guy that needs to know is the guy helping you pull him out, if necessary.

Word has no trouble spreading even if you keep a relatively tight lip. Talking too much has only yielded me company.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 am

I was really open about it for many years but learned to keep my mouth shut. It's to the point now that if I kill a buck and it requires help I drag it far away from the kill site first and then call for help. Been burned a few times so now I avoid the situation if possible. Don't have a problem helping people out and putting them on good spots but respect mine. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case in the past.

My best dragging partner is my wife. She has sworn to secrecy on our marriage certificate. :lol: She is the only person that has access to all of my GPS coordinates.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:12 am

Loose lips sink ships is my motto....

I try not to let anyone know where I am...what I've seen..etc etc...

Heck I try to hide what I am doing when I am there doing it...

I've been known to drag em out before I gut them...I've had a partner and carried one out on a pole so we didn't leave drag marks...

I've had hotspots burned because of drag marks and gut piles and my truck being seen etc...

Now I am a secret squirrel...

I like hunting new spots and finding the next hot spot and the next buck...but theres times and days I wanna "have it easy" and goto a known spot...

Speaking of spots....time to change boots and go for a walk...

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:10 am

I keep my mouth shut. Been burned to many times, even by those I thought were close friends. Big bucks brings out the stupid in people.
If my son or my Bride aren't available to help drag it out, I go at it alone.
Last years buck took me 4 hours to drag out alone.

Never gut at the kill site.

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm

dirt nap giver wrote:I keep my mouth shut. Been burned to many times, even by those I thought were close friends. Big bucks brings out the stupid in people.

I've been burnt a couple times since I joined this forum. I'm not the only one. The threads and experiences from other members are there. I've gotten even more discretionary the last couple years. The primary contributors to this site are the minority....the rest are potential intel trollers...predators.

Truth be told...I'm guilty of mopping up cheap intel :oops:
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Let me throw a twist in here.

Has anyone ever kept their hunting locations quiet only to have close friends get permission for the same land for waterfowl, turkey etc without honestly knowing that was your stomping grounds? what do you do then.. Ive had it happen to me a couple times and it became a sticky situation trying to explain that waterfowl in a field and deer hunt in the woods at same time doesnt work well.

Other than a couple instances i keep my locations, pictures, what im seeing pretty quiet.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:I keep my mouth shut. Been burned to many times, even by those I thought were close friends. Big bucks brings out the stupid in people.

I've been burnt a couple times since I joined this forum. I'm not the only one. The threads and experiences from other members are there. I've gotten even more discretionary the last couple years. The primary contributors to this site are the minority....the rest are potential intel trollers...predators.

Truth be told...I'm guilty of mopping up cheap intel :oops:

Been tempted to post some maps since I joined, but just can never bring myself to hit submit....
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:46 pm

hunter10 wrote:Let me throw a twist in here.

Has anyone ever kept their hunting locations quiet only to have close friends get permission for the same land for waterfowl, turkey etc without honestly knowing that was your stomping grounds? what do you do then.. Ive had it happen to me a couple times and it became a sticky situation trying to explain that waterfowl in a field and deer hunt in the woods at same time doesnt work well.

Other than a couple instances i keep my locations, pictures, what im seeing pretty quiet.

Never had that happen, but if it did, the friends character would be a huge scale tipper for me. If it was an accident, then oh well, move on or try to set up a line of communication so everyone knows when the others will be out there so I/we don't waste each others time.
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 pm

hunter10 wrote:Let me throw a twist in here.

You'd be surprised. I've killed three bucks, including a 3.5 and 4.5, at a property I hunt while other guys were actively waterfowl hunting. This is a 40 acre property as well. The deer in my case seem to get used to it pretty quick, and we can stay visually separated from the deer's perspective. I've had deer in front of me when shots were fired do nothing more than twist an ear or look in the general direction. I will say this is a bow only County for deer, for what it is worth.
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

[quote]You'd be surprised. I've killed three bucks, including a 3.5 and 4.5, at a property I hunt while other guys were actively waterfowl hunting. This is a 40 acre property as well. The deer in my case seem to get used to it pretty quick, and we can stay visually separated from the deer's perspective. I've had deer in front of me when shots were fired do nothing more than twist an ear or look in the general direction. I will say this is a bow only County for deer, for what it is worth.[/quote

Thats neat, Guess you never know what they will let slide in their homes. In my cases i was more worried about sitting in a tree and potentially getting peppered
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm

I've had guys at work joke with me saying their going to sneak onto my land and hunt it while I'm at work. I told them if they did they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I had another guy beg me to take him deer hunting to my land. I told him I would have to blind fold him on the drive out there. Really, i don't take these guys to serious. I just have fun with them right back. I had a ufc fight party at my house one night and they all seen my wall. That's what started it.

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:06 pm

I keep quiet for the most part. There are a lot of parasitic people out there.

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:11 pm

mauser06 wrote:Loose lips sink ships is my motto....

I try not to let anyone know where I am...what I've seen..etc etc...

Heck I try to hide what I am doing when I am there doing it...

I've been known to drag em out before I gut them...I've had a partner and carried one out on a pole so we didn't leave drag marks...

I've had hotspots burned because of drag marks and gut piles and my truck being seen etc...

Now I am a secret squirrel...

I like hunting new spots and finding the next hot spot and the next buck...but theres times and days I wanna "have it easy" and goto a known spot...

Speaking of spots....time to change boots and go for a walk...

Mauser, you and I are cut from the same cloth brother. It would be fun to talk tactics on how to keep things quiet, invisible.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”