morning hunts

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

morning hunts

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:49 pm

From my understanding of reading here and watching the videos till they melt is morning hunting beds typically isn't smart as they will be back in their staging area or bedded well before sunrise...

So unless you have one patterned and know he comes home late hunt elsewhere in the mornings...

What's a beast hunter do in the morning??? (Before the rut).

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Zona
500 Club

Re: morning hunts

Unread postby Zona » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:04 am

Eat breakfast with the wife. Do the "honey do" list before noon. A happy wife makes for a pleasant hunt. :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:48 am

Set up in between a known food source and a bedding area. Not every buck gets to bed before dark in the morning.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:54 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11663

If I remember right, Andrea kills most of his bucks during morning hunts. His trick is using the positions and times of the moon. I know there's a lot of info on it somewhere on here. Basically the best time to hunt a buck bed during the morning is when the moon is staying up late into the morning hours so in theory deer are feeding later as well which gives u more time to get set up quietly and with a little luck, seeing the buck during shooting hours. This will be my first season putting this to the test for myself. Most will agree that evening hunts is where its at (besides rut) but I myself work night shift so I very rarely get to hunt evenings

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”