bowtech 101st

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

bowtech 101st

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 am

Anyone own one??

I remember they seemed to be a great bow...fast and stabile...

I'd like a new bow...so I have a backup bow and my 06 Reflex Highlander....I love it...but I love a heavier arrow...it kills my speed and energy..and I'm getting short on arrows which they quit making...

My buddy is selling a 101st...he said he is asking 375 with a G5 quiver...wisker bisquit which he said needs new whiskers...a HHA verticle single pin slider...low end stabilizer...new(er) string he said got at least a year left in it...

Figure I can probably give him $350 for it all...

Can sell the accessories if I don't want them...the sight is really the only thing worth anything really...figure I can throw the wisker and sight on my Highlander...put my Viper and QAD on the 101st...

Thoughts on the bow??

Thoughts on the price? I don't know if that's a fair deal or not..seems reasonable.. Bow is in good shape and well kept..

[ Post made via Android ] Image

MOBIGBUCKS

Re: bowtech 101st

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:10 am

It's a bowtech man....you cant go wrong!! :D

What year is that bow? I'd say 3-350 with accesories is pretty good man.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 am

Believe that the 101st was made in 2008...

Specs sound like what I like in a bow...I really don't care for super short ATA and small brace heights to gain a few fps....quietness and forgiveness and shoot-ability are huge...it has a 7 some inch brace...right around 36" ATA..still has an IBO at 330-340fps...that's smoking for those specs...

One hiccup....I gotta see how hard it is to find draw length mods...I'm sure they can be found...but something I gotta look into...

I told him not to hold it...but I will come shoot it as soon as I can...he's in a bad location for me...about an hour northeast and no good highway...no quick detour on my way home from work etc...definitely worth shooting...I think I might love it...and it'll save me a bunch over buying a new bow...and new bows out right now just don't peak my interest...I've looked a bit...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 am

I had one or was it an 82nd airborne? Heck i dont recall, but what i do recall was the reason i sold it. Very twitchy bow, not sure if it was the grip or what. Id shoot it at 3ft and get different tears every shot. Go on AT and you can find a good deal on a used bow. I bought a G5 prime centroid and its sweet!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”