New bow on the market (Gearhead Archery)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
kenn1320
500 Club

Re: New bow on the market (Gearhead Archery)

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Here is a similar small bow with a draw loc to make it a vertical xbow.

http://www.drawloc.com/content/line-vertical-crossbow-0

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Fatal

Unread postby Fatal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

It's cool but I wouldn't think it would be very accurate, could you imagine a guy with a 30" draw trying to shoot that thing?

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm

dreaming bucks wrote:
ozzz wrote:and why would one want that thing?

Why not?

Stupid short ATA and insane string angle for starters.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

That's the weirdest looking bow I've seen in a long time. I don't like you would have to use a long d-loop. I thought I saw something similar to this before.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I think they are making some different releases, so you don't need the long d loop.

kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:54 pm

dreaming bucks wrote:I think they are making some different releases, so you don't need the long d loop.

Wouldn't it be easier to just lengthen the riser enough to get 28" draw?

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Not for me...I like 35 ata plus 32 is pushing it for me.The peep would be so far from your face. Extreme string angle will make peep ob long .Anchor would be weird. Special release they will sink you for more money. It can't be very forgiving at all. It looks like riser is two pieces bolted together. is their even a sight on it in some of pictures? Doesnt Look like a 1000 dollars if you ask me...
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:52 pm

It looks like someone had entirely more money than brains here. Way to many things to give inaccurate results. I see the compact size, but that is truly it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 am

Not for me, I have near a 30" draw...

It's an interesting design though.
pault

Unread postby pault » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 pm

kenn1320 wrote:So their website lacks any information. What is the bows power stroke and then we could figure out what length a d-loop would need to be. Seems short even for the girl in the pic. Looks like a $1000 sling shot that shoots arrows. It might be a way to hunt, but not for everybody. I like its compact size for long hikes, just not sure how accurate I could be with a 8" d loop and a peep thats 15" from my eye.

Please go to www.gearheadarchery.com. We are releasing the bow on April 10. The bow will be more that $1000 and it is extremely
accurate. The bow has a fixed draw length of only 25" but delivers 62 ftlb of KE and you simply either tie a longer d loop or we have
a patent pending release aid if you choose so. The longer d loop decouples you from the bow and by getting the peep away
from your face it is like shooting a rifle. I shoot the bow out to 60 yds and found that my left to right accuracy is tighter than with my large bow. With a longer d loop you cannot influence the bow up down left right like a short d loop and by looking through a peep further away you are more accurate. Also, the shorter draw length means less time in the bow 6ms to be exact while on a longer draw length 30" the arrow is at least 8ms in the bow and more time for you to twitch. The bow has NO SHOCK and is dead in hand
and rivals the feel of any large bow you have shot. I shoot a 284 grain GOLD TIP with 100grain at 23" at 305fps. The shorter
arrow fits in the pack and makes it very maneuverable blind, etc.

I understand this goes against everything you have been told or know about archery but IF YOU SHOT IT, YOU WOULD GET IT.

It is MADE IN THE USA and is the toughest little bow you have seen and has about 4 pending patents around it. The cams are
licensed two track cam system that has a great draw cycle and solid back wall.

Converts from Left to Right in minutes without a bow press simply unbolt and flip the grip and cable rod...

THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE HAS A 26" draw and is shooting with a 1.5" loop and can shoot with your hat pulled down and NOT
hit the string.

THE GUY IN THE PICTURE HAS a 30" draw and in the picture you can see the d loop slightly rise but he is NOT influencing the bow
up down left right and again very accurate.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Paul
pault

Unread postby pault » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:24 pm

kenn1320 wrote:Here is a similar small bow with a draw loc to make it a vertical xbow.

http://www.drawloc.com/content/line-vertical-crossbow-0

The DRAW LOC bow cannot be shot without the draw lock mechanism. It is a vertical crossbow attachment. The Gearhead
Archery T18 is a super compact compound bow that shoots and feels like any top end bow on market today in half the size.

The T18 has a full sight window and can accept any sight or peep.

JUST GO AND SHOOT ONE THEN COMPARE 2015 APRIL 10-12 DEER AND TURKEY EXPO MADISON

www.gearheadarchery.com

Hope this helps answer your concerns question...

Paul
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:47 am

Thanks for the info Paul.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:31 am

Hard to say anything good or bad until someone shoots it, live to far away to make the expo but it would be fun to read some reviews from people who have shot the bow.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Paul thanks for info. I feel your wrong about the peep. The closer the peep to your eye the greater the distance to sight the longer the distance of centering and the longer distance is more accurate. Target archers don't extend their sight closer.I feel you will not keep your head/face as consistent trying to look through a peep that far from face.Not to mention low light hunting suituation. hold a peep in front of your eye in low light. Now hold a peep 5 inches in front of your eye good luck seeing through it. you may want to work on a different peep design for it such as no peep but the brace height shortness Might limit that. Just some suggestions maybe I'll even shoot it out of curiosity. I shot a sling shot thing last year. I'm definitely not opening wallet for that price tag.

pault

Unread postby pault » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:01 pm

kurt wrote:Paul thanks for info. I feel your wrong about the peep. The closer the peep to your eye the greater the distance to sight the longer the distance of centering and the longer distance is more accurate. Target archers don't extend their sight closer.I feel you will not keep your head/face as consistent trying to look through a peep that far from face.Not to mention low light hunting suituation. hold a peep in front of your eye in low light. Now hold a peep 5 inches in front of your eye good luck seeing through it. you may want to work on a different peep design for it such as no peep but the brace height shortness Might limit that. Just some suggestions maybe I'll even shoot it out of curiosity. I shot a sling shot thing last year. I'm definitely not opening wallet for that price tag.

Kurt

I shoot with a 3/16" or 1/4" peep. I can shoot in VERY low light and consistently I shoot more accurately with this setup. I guess you
just have to shoot it to truly appreciate what this bow is. THIS IS NEW AND THEREFORE MUST BE WRONG.

Thanks for your comments and hope you get to shoot one..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”