lone wolf sticks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JoeRE
500 Club

Re: lone wolf sticks?

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 am

Yea I am not one to push one brand of anything but the lone wolf and XOP are the best I have tried for shear versatility.

One hint - if you find using one stick to climb with too complex, try this: use three stick with a rope loop off the bottom of each stick...that lets me get to 20' with three sticks.

straubam

Unread postby straubam » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 am

throw up some pics if you are so kind to jore. I understand the concept just cant picture how to do it.
thanks
msailor

Unread postby msailor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Anybody tried the LW stick quiver yet? Does it work with the stealth strips?
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 am

msailor wrote:Anybody tried the LW stick quiver yet? Does it work with the stealth strips?

I got the qiver for my son to use with the lone wolf minis but I have not put the stealth strips on yet. I and sure they will fit even tighter. It is an ok product but I don't believe it would work out well to get in close to beds with. It takes way to much effort and noise to get the sticks off then take the qiver off the stand, there for I will stick with the original way of stacking.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 am

justdirtyfun wrote:I wont push the 1 stick idea but they can use a lot of different trees, not like a climber at all.

I would be interested in learning how they contend with obstacles during the climb. For example do they use a lineman's belt to attach to the tree while they detach the harness to move it around limbs? The you tube video didn't demonstrate that. Crooked trees would seem like a challenge. How to you manage the climb when gravity is pulling you away form the tree while you hang? Interested to learn...[/quote]

Yes, I use the lineman's belt to pass limbs. Watch from the 3:37 mark in my video I pass the limb but don't move the stick pass because I'm at stand hanging height. This how I pass a limb - hook in with my linemen's rope, then unhook my tree rope & pass the limb, then unhook linemen's rope sit in harness & unhook stick then re-attach above the limb.

Leaning trees, you climb the top side just like you would with multiple sticks. Set the stick on the top then swing off just slightly to the right. Yes on a steep lean you'll be farther away from the stick, but it's still doable.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”