when is the rut in full swing

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraphunter

when is the rut in full swing

Unread postby backstraphunter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 am

when is the rut realy going on in your state i know each state is off from each other us big woods deer hunters of the great north sometime don,t see it till thanksgiving weekend and beond

jmaas07
500 Club

Re: when is the rut in full swing

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:29 am

I saw the most chasing the 13-15th of November in SE michigan

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:03 am

SE WI peak movement is Oct-31-Nov 5. This is consistantly the best chasing I see ever year.

Seems to come in waves after that depending if hot doe is around. The bucks are still seeking but not nearly as intense.

At least that's my experience. I'm sure a few counties over it can be completely different.

Robert

Unread postby Robert » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 am

For me I'm gonna be in a tree from October 27 until the end of November. Not every doe comes into estrous the same day. Can happen at anytime. IMO

[ Post made via Android ] Image
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:24 am

Dewey wrote:SE WI peak movement is Oct-31-Nov 5. This is consistantly the best chasing I see ever year.

Seems to come in waves after that depending if hot doe is around. The bucks are still seeking but not nearly as intense.

At least that's my experience. I'm sure a few counties over it can be completely different.

Hunt the same area and this is about always when I see the most. Temp might make it a night movement but they're moving.

Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 am

In the northern part of the state it is going strong around November 1st. Down south it is about a week or two later it seems. Day time movement depends on the weather.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:01 pm

In the northwoods I've had my best movement Oct 24th - Nov 1st. Then things go quiet until the gun seasons, sometimes a bit beforehand.

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Southeast MO, the best movement I see each year is from October 28th - November 7th. Here in the hills I love to sit all day on these dates cause I see a lot of big buck movement in the 10-2 hours

Fatal

Unread postby Fatal » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Nov 3rd-10th here in se michigan, give or take a few days either way. I try to pull as many all day sits during that week as possible.

Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Cleaned it up a bit for you.

When is the rut realy going on in your state? i know each state is off from each other but us big woods deer hunters of the great north sometimes don't see it till thanksgiving weekend and beyond.

I think the first 10 days in November is good for us in Central Illinois. According to the last 5 years of cameras I have been running, I think it goes pretty strong from Halloween until the 16th or so. My buddy shot his buck 2 years ago on November 23rd and he was trailing a hot doe and he heard the buck fighting with another buck the night before. His eye was freshly torn up and actually still bleeding from fighting.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:31 pm

I see rutting activity the entire month of November. The activity level is a classic bell curve with peak breeding activity peaking in the middle of November and slowly trailing off the rest of the month.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Fatal wrote:Nov 3rd-10th here in se michigan, give or take a few days either way. I try to pull as many all day sits during that week as possible.

100% agree I from the same area

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:27 am

Western Wisconsin last week of Oct.
S.E. Wisconsin 1st week of November
N.E. Iowa 2nd week of November...
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 am

Oct. 25th I seen 3.5 year old chasing and 5 plus different additional bucks in Sw Wi last year. Then a 4.5year old in daylight on camera chasing Nov. 3rd and 9th. That pretty typical in my experience in Sw Wi Oct 25th thru Nov 9th. Which is broad but it seems weather and other things trigger better daylight Activity. But they probably rutting most of the night in that time frame.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 am

It seems to vary this year it hit between November 7th through about 15th in the county I hunt. Last year however it was much later like. The 25th of November through the first week of December. My uncle hunting Gibson county was seeing bucks chasing does November 3rd this year and sent me a text the ruts here. The rut depends on temperature and moon phase so it seems to change year to year a few days or even weeks.
The second ruts the one with the most action it mid- late December seems fewer does are in estrus so the bucks move more to find them. I have seen single does come into estrus later then most.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”