what you think of deer hunting tv shows

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DeerDylan
500 Club

Re: what you think of deer hunting tv shows

Unread postby DeerDylan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 pm

I don't have cable but I did enjoy watching Steve Snow on HS videos. Seems down to earth and learned a thing or two from Myles Keller I believe.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:02 am

ihookem wrote: I might be wrong though, but if I had a million dollars, I would shoot bigger bucks too. Lee and Tiffany spend a fortune , but I never heard of them bragging . I also think private land deer are evolving into " super bucks" with many generations of unnatural high amounts of protein, and deer feeding all winter. Hardly even natural deer anymore.

Lee and Tiffany didn't start with much. They probably do very well now. The key is that they got hooked up with an investor. They don't have the money to do everything you see by themselves. They found a guy with the money, but not the time and knowledge that they have. Lee is adamant that anyone could do what they have with enough hard work. They acknowledge they have caught a lot of breaks as well.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
Steve Heiting
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/steve.heiting.5

Unread postby Steve Heiting » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 am

Hunting shows are what they are. I find many of them entertaining and some irritating. Some shows give me the opportunity to see what it's like to hunt something I may not have the inclination or resources to pursue.

I really like the shows that focus on the hunt and are well-produced. You can tell which ones spend the money for top-notch videographers/producers and editors.

You can have the shows that focus on goofball antics or go out of their way to try to show off how cool the host is and how excited the outfitters are to see them when they arrive.

Don't judge somebody for their celebration of a successful hunt. We're all different. People who have athletics in their background may celebrate differently from those who don't. I've personally done it all -- handshake, fist pump, fist bump, high-five, hugs, arms outstretched ... you name it, I've done it. Maybe it's because I played football through college, or maybe that's just the way I am. I've also knelt and given thanks immediately afterward ... every time.

To "hate" on somebody just because they've achieved success at something you wish you could do is nonsense.

Of those mentioned:

1. I have a lot of respect for Lee and Tiffany. They started with nothing and look where they are today. So what if Lee "manages" his deer? We would all do the same if we could. Somebody mentioned that Tiffany is an excellent ambassador for the sport and is a reason why the number of women hunters is increasing. I'd have to agree. She's a beautiful woman who thinks hunting is cool. The world needs more like her.
2. I have no opinion of Stan Potts outside of he gets a little goofy on film after a shot, but so what. Those are his emotions coming out. The man kills some big deer.
3. Jim Shockey? The best. The first and only time I've talked with him was 20-some years ago when he had the story of Milo Hansen's world record whitetail, and I bought it from him for the magazine I was working for at the time. He was a real pro then, and remains so today.
Racks&Beards

Unread postby Racks&Beards » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:32 am

I can't think of any one hunting show host that I actually "hate".
Speed is fine...Accuracy is final.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 am

dan wrote:It might not be your cup of tea... But they have fans and sponsors so somebody likes them... I have talked with Lee and Tiff many times, and really like them as people and hunters. But, im not into there show, or any show for that matter... I try not to call out certain people by name with hurtful comments about there shows, cause I wouldn't feel good about someone doing that to me...
I think we all should thank Tiffany L. for all she has done for hunting... Before she hit the big screen women did not hunt much. Now hunting has become more of a family thing, and has become more acceptable to a lot of people... I think there are lots of positives with hunting shows...
I do agree, there are a lot of shows that are bad out there... But we all are not going to like the same things and if you don't like it, hey, its a free world, don't watch it. Given the choice, I generally tune into cop's or forensics shows... Watching someone else hunt is boring to me.

Gr8 post!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”