pics...bucks or not??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

pics...bucks or not??

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:36 pm

this is gunna be a bit pic heavy...but we all may learn something...and i may learn more about a buck...

in case you missed it...where i refer to a pic being "of him" this is HIM that i am referring to....

time and dates are correct...

i believe all of these pics to be of him....what do you guys think?? hard to say for sure because you cant see his body well in the antlered version of him...and im far from a pro...but this time of year after the rut and a long tough winter and a lone deer...i struggle...i honestly wrote off ALL of these pics as doe at first glance when some are clearly shed bucks after further looking..

1)
2)
(same deer different pics...note the time and direction...same as the antlered version..)

3)
4)
(same deer..2 pics...clearly a shed buck...time is odd...but really warm day..i notice a lot of midday movement when it warms up during cold spells like we had the entire month)

5)
(again possibly him? time and direction of travel fit and to me looks like a shed buck...)

dont know if any of the following are him or shed bucks...let me know what y'all think..i think they are all shed bucks?

6)
7)
8)
(3 pics of the same deer...to me its face looks really small so i am guessing its a button buck or shedded 1.5yo?)

9)
(same deer as 6,7,8??)

10)
zoomed in its pretty clearly a shed buck...maybe the same deer as the previous few pics?)

11)
(i think its a shed buck??)

12)
13)
14)
(again i think a shed buck?...maybe HIM??)

15)

i numbered the pics....its the off season....i think we can all learn a little about these pics...and i might be able to figure out where he is bedding if we all think certain pics are him....or if you ID other mature bucks (for me 2.5+yo) id like to know that as well....

let me know if you guys think they are bucks or does and if you know your stuff...age of the buck...and obviously if you think any are the antlered buck after he shed....

Bigb
500 Club

Re: pics...bucks or not??

Unread postby Bigb » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:23 pm

I think you will have to be the judge of if they are all bucks or not. Unless we download all the pictures and really zoom in on the heads, it is tough to tell. I do think most are bucks that have shed but again, its tough to tell if they are the same bucks. Do you get a lot of bucks on this camera in the fall? Personally, I'd find the wind on the day you saw one of these bucks in the AM and next time you have that wind, go out and look for the bed nearby.
mauser06
500 Club

Re: pics...bucks or not??

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:22 pm

You're right...being able to zoom in a bit helps...

Interesting thing I found is that even the does and all the suspected bucks are heading THAT same direction in the majority of the pics...almost makes me belive that they leave their bedroom from a different route..

I'm excited to see what happens there in the fall...

The rubline faces the direction the antlered buck was heading...

I have the puzzle pieces in my hands now...I gotta put them together...

That's the hard part...

Accessing this piece isn't gunna be easy...especially if the one keeps bedding g on the edge of the clearcut like it (he) has been...its my best route in...

I realize a lot will change come fall....but rubs don't lie...he used that spot last fall...

Gunna shed hunt in there a bit and pick some trees and continue my scouting in the marsh when the snow melts...

Actually I will scout more areas before the snow is completely gone...then mark hopefully several more spots to further scout and shed hunt...have trees picked and sit back and wait for October...and do some glassing, shinning, and maybe run my cameras through the summer as I wait...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”