Can we post links to sales on other sites? Trail cameras

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Re: Can we post links to sales on other sites? Trail cameras

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 am

I just bought a Uway mb600. Uway cameras are made by HCO. I have owned two covert special ops cameras, but I didnt have access to the right network (gsm) to make them operate any different than a regular camera. We only have HSPA networks up here, so as far as I know, that means spypoint or Uway cameras. Looking forward to playing with this one.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Just wanted to bump this and thank JD as well as the others who posted. Got 2 for me and 2 for my dad. Great deal!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:42 pm

No problem. Hopefully the rebates work out for all of us. I like the cameras, so Im happy to have more now. I hope fellow beasts will post god sales in the future too!
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:45 pm

(I guess I left the quote from pahde out somehow....)

Thanks Phade. And yes I trust your opinion as it seemed to me you were somehow well conected, I just didnt know in what way from reading your other posts around here (and other forums). Ill wait and get my hands on a couple when they come out. Im hoping I can find them for a decent price. Thanks for the advice!
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am

phade wrote:
johndeere506 wrote:I cant watch all the sales so I appreciate when other post them too. Im glad this helps some of you.

Anyone know of sales of cellular cameras??? COvert of HCO? I need to try some.

Wait to buy 2015 models IMO. Most cams are going to be certified by the carriers. One or two models are out now but they need bugs worked out.

This is going to make them much much more user friendly and i think 2015 is the year sales of these are going to explode.

Good to know Phade! I have one camera at my urban spot and my dad is just as interested in the pictures as I am. He asks me every couple days if I have checked the camera and if anything has been on it. Its somewhat out of my way to check it since I live about 30 minutes from my parents but try to run by there when I'm in the area for business. A good cell camera would really help me out. Mainly just to have an email address that the pics go to and that I can check on a daily basis without having to go out there.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:12 am

Bigb wrote:
phade wrote:
johndeere506 wrote:I cant watch all the sales so I appreciate when other post them too. Im glad this helps some of you.

Anyone know of sales of cellular cameras??? COvert of HCO? I need to try some.

Wait to buy 2015 models IMO. Most cams are going to be certified by the carriers. One or two models are out now but they need bugs worked out.

This is going to make them much much more user friendly and i think 2015 is the year sales of these are going to explode.

Good to know Phade! I have one camera at my urban spot and my dad is just as interested in the pictures as I am. He asks me every couple days if I have checked the camera and if anything has been on it. Its somewhat out of my way to check it since I live about 30 minutes from my parents but try to run by there when I'm in the area for business. A good cell camera would really help me out. Mainly just to have an email address that the pics go to and that I can check on a daily basis without having to go out there.

As long as the signal strength is there, the cams will work well with certified plans. Early reports are the Verizon plans are going to be silly high - there was talk of being able to add the cams to people's plans, but the cams appear to be using the M2M connection, which treats it like an altogether different plan platform, so adding to a current plan seems unlikely. Looks like $25-30 plus per month right now w/ Verizon...hopefully new plans or options will come out. At & T seems to be getting better with the certified plans - enough data to use for most people over 3 mos at around $8.50/mo (paid quarterly).

If Verizon is your hang-up, then it will be "pay to play" if you want it. I think most people do get hung up thinking At and T won't work - which is true if the signal is not there, but alot of times, people dismiss it without looking into it appropriately.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:26 am

johndeere506 wrote:No problem. Hopefully the rebates work out for all of us. I like the cameras, so Im happy to have more now. I hope fellow beasts will post god sales in the future too!

My five rebates showed up in the mailbox yesterday! Thanks again. 8-)

Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:04 pm

I thought I would post this in case anyone is looking for a cheap trail camera to put out on public or just adding a few more not to break the bank. If you buy two, they knock another $10 off. I've read some alright reviews so I picked up a couple as back up cams or put places that I have an idea where a mature buck might be hanging out. I'm going to bet they won't hold a candle to Covert or Bushnell but its worth a try and good to have some as some backup or emergency cameras.

Hope this is alright to post on here, if not, feel free to delete it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361316072318?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Brett

Unread postby Brett » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm

nice find, going to try pick up two myself. Thanks!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Bigb wrote:I thought I would post this in case anyone is looking for a cheap trail camera to put out on public or just adding a few more not to break the bank. If you buy two, they knock another $10 off. I've read some alright reviews so I picked up a couple as back up cams or put places that I have an idea where a mature buck might be hanging out. I'm going to bet they won't hold a candle to Covert or Bushnell but its worth a try and good to have some as some backup or emergency cameras.

Hope this is alright to post on here, if not, feel free to delete it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361316072318?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

That looks like a great deal. Thanks for sharing. keep us posted on how well they work.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:14 am

The Trace cams work fine and are a good value for cost.

Key points:

No delay setting - 1 pic per trigger selection returns 1 pic every 5-6 seconds with constant motion in front of it.
Cam does have a slight click from filter movement and cam moves back and forth to IR too often at transition.
Takes decent pics, day pics are slightly over-saturated. Night pics are acceptable out to 25-30 feet in most cases, and sometimes more.
Some blur from time to time, but again acceptable for the cost.
Good battery life and power draw, but probably not a cam you want to use video on in high trigger areas (ie alot of events) due to the lack of a delay setting.
Comes with a mounting bracket (neat add-on)

Great cam for a high risk area or areas where you are taking a "flyer" at picking up a buck. I'd probably look at mounting high to limit attention to the cam due to the filter click at transitions.
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:46 am

Thanks for the link. Phade thanks for the feedback. I have a couple high risk areas these would fit.

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:11 am

Some of these deals are amazing to me. Either I was seriously missing out on some deals 2-3 years ago or the amount of technology per dollar has just skyrocketed in the past 1-2 years.

I picked up 4 of these a couple weeks back. Backyard test went really well. I have 2/4 up in a tree already. $70 each and they outperform just about every other cam i have ever owned.

http://www.shop.ducklickcreek.com/produ ... egoryId=25
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:18 am

BTW, I got stiffed on the rebates...I only got 1 of 2 rebate checks. They denied me for the second one because it was on the same invoice.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:24 am

phade wrote:BTW, I got stiffed on the rebates...I only got 1 of 2 rebate checks. They denied me for the second one because it was on the same invoice.

I ended up getting all 5 rebates. I called the rebate center for clarification on how to do it correctly for the same invoice. They told me I needed to submit it under 5 different names, so I did.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”