Can you buy seats for ladder stands?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Can you buy seats for ladder stands?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:25 am

I have a ladder stand, that basically has no comfy seat, just a mesh metal seat, with a strap on cushion on top... Its really not comfortable at all. I was wondering if anyone has ever bolted on any kind of add-on seat to these ladder stands. Or, maybe I will just put the stand elsewhere, and buy a new one with a more comfortable seat.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

pitz0022

Re: Can you buy seats for ladder stands?

Unread postby pitz0022 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:53 am

I have modified a Tripod stand to use a boat seat instead of the uncomfortable POS that came on it. The ladder stand is probably different in how the seat mounts though. Maybe cut off the seat that is on it and use the top half of a Climber? I have a Summit Viper which is very comfortable but it has a rail around it. Maybe you could buy just the seat and pad from XOP or Lone Wolf and modify them to fit?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:54 am

You can buy replacement seats on ebay, sportsmans guide, etc....but instead I would get a real comfortable one (e.g. Hunt Comfort) and take it with you to the stand.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:19 pm

I second the hunt comfort cushion

Rubline

Unread postby Rubline » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 pm

I take a big Terma-seat with me and they work great keeping your rear end warm and toasty...
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 pm

We have about 10 ladder stands and now I just carry a seat in my SUV when I hunt. If I am going to one of those stands, I bring it with. A good seat really helps you keep your core temperature up.

Like someone said, you can get them almost anywhere that sells hunting gear. Ebay and Amazon always have some good prices.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Bigb wrote:We have about 10 ladder stands and now I just carry a seat in my SUV when I hunt. If I am going to one of those stands, I bring it with. A good seat really helps you keep your core temperature up.

Like someone said, you can get them almost anywhere that sells hunting gear. Ebay and Amazon always have some good prices.

But can you sit all day on one of those cushions?

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Jay, I would get one of the Huntcomfort pads like the fat boy or one of those, you could sit 3 days on that baby. Its $, but worth it in my opinion.

dreaming bucks wrote:
Bigb wrote:We have about 10 ladder stands and now I just carry a seat in my SUV when I hunt. If I am going to one of those stands, I bring it with. A good seat really helps you keep your core temperature up.

But can you sit all day on one of those cushions?

Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:19 am

How big is the platform? Years ago I bought my wife a couple of 2 person ladder stands. The have the wire mesh bench type seats with a pad. They're not too bad, she likes them anyway. After I bought those I started making a few and built a rather large platform. I put one of those fold out camp chairs in them. Quite comfortable. The ones I first bought her has a big enough platform to put one of those chairs also. We have some 1 person ladders also with the wire mesh seat. I don't mind them that much. A good back rest is what makes the difference.

I have actually used a 5 gallon bucket too. Several all day sits on that really gets to you.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:49 am

Get a Hunt Comfort like the other guys suggested.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:34 am

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but the more I think about it, I would like to have something with arm rests also. I really like the stands I have with an arm rest on them. Also I really like how comfy the stands are with the saggy hanging netting or straps for seats. I might just buy a new one to replace this one.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”