New moon hunting charts!! October 8th

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DMiller6868

New moon hunting charts!! October 8th

Unread postby DMiller6868 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:22 am

OCTOBER 8th! I wrote the date down because for some reason I saw a TON of deer moving early. I saw a 160 inch buck on his feet during legal shooting light in a field. I've never seen this deer move anytime before dark.

I looked it up online and it appears this was the day of the new moon (when it's the darkest).

Now I don't usually follow these moon things but I did print out the schedule Dan made and consistently mines been off by a couple of days so I adjusted it for my location (Central Ohio) and it's been fairly accurate.

I came across this website and although it won't dictate when I'm in the woods I was VERY surprised to see that October the 8th was predicted as being the BEST day of hunting recently. They gave it an "excellent" rating.

Check the site out and chime in with some input. I'm starting to believe in this moon hoopla now.

http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html

Anyone else experience anything similar? Several guys I've talked to got trail cam pics earlier than usual this day and noticed similar early deer movement.

Cash 18

Re: New moon hunting charts!! October 8th

Unread postby Cash 18 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I too am using a moon guide this year. For the nights that I have hunted it has been fairly accurate. Mornings where I have been not so much, but I figure that maybe I just wasn't in the right spot

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”