next season anticipation

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

next season anticipation

Unread postby tim » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 am

So I blew it on 2beautiful bucks this past season I had on cams and there were others I never seen. I pulled all my cams after gun season so I will not know what made it through the winter or gun season until I shed hunt or get cams out in the spring.unbelievably o the 2i missed and the others I have pics of an 8 poi t is under my skin the most.now that I've had time to reflect I'm kinda glad I missed him.after I missed him I found 1 pic I had of him the prior year. He was an average 2 year old but the jump he made as a 3year old is crazy. So I know for sure now he was 3.if alive this buck could be a super 8. I do have a triple beamer running around with a seperate pedicle above his eye that looks uncomfortable.I'm convinced he will continue to grow this beam because is is completely seperate.if the 8is alive I'm pretty sure I will target this buck specifically. Anybody else got their sights on a certain deer next year

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: next season anticipation

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:14 am

I know I killed one missed 2. I'm pretty sure 1 made it since far as I know I was the only hunter in that area.
I had a 140 class 8 come by in a swamp thicket he is on my list hoping he made it. The area I saw him is pretty heavily hunted though.
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:19 am

All of them:)

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:38 am

Do you know where these bucks winter? I just saw 3 bucks yesterday still holding both sides. You might be able to lays eyes on them.

I didn't run very much tail camera last year due to work and the amount of public I hunted (cams on public not legal in MN), but I do know of several deer that will be wall worthy if they're still around. There aren't many bucks that make it to 4+ around here... Can't wait to see some velvet in the spotting scope and make a new hit list 8-)
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:40 am

This past season was the first since '07 that i didn't tag a buck. I had less time than past seasons but the quality of deer was up on the few small properties i hunt, so i was patient. I laid eyes on 3 very nice bucks last year but never drew my bow. 1 of the bucks got kinda broke up and i chose to pass on him 2 times in November. Sadly he was the only really nice buck to give me a good opportunity. Have seen all 3 on cam in the past few weeks, excited for next season.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:22 am

My land is rarely a wintering spot unless I leave standing crops.this year that didn't happen because my neighbors moved so crops were cut.next year will be a different story. My land is smack dab in the center of a north/south running valley/ridge. Deer have to travel through my land but don't necessarily bed there in winter.with the lack of standing crops I decided to take down the cams for winter.

welded34
500 Club

Unread postby welded34 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:20 am

I'm after a nice 8 pointer with great mass. Never seen him last year but found his sheds already this year. Hopefully I get him because I think he's on his down side. I'm guessing he's around 6 or 7 years old.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”