Caught me off guard

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

Caught me off guard

Unread postby Swampthing » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 pm

I went out saturday mid-morning to set-up a ground blind overlokking a corn field corner. On the way back to the car,around noon, a nice 8 point jumps up 40 yards in front of me and heads SE to a ditch in the corn.My question is i walked right past this spot on the way out to set the ground blind .If the buck was there the whole time then on the way out i walked within 20 yards of him.I,m guessing he was watching me all the way. And when i came back past the second time it was just too much for him.The clump of trees he was in was very small, kinda all alone in the crp land.Just feet from the cornfield.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Caught me off guard

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:18 pm

I think I would rethink your entry rought and how you arrive at that ground blind... By following the corn edge your crossing most of the deer trails going from bedding to corn.
Swampthing
500 Club

Re: Caught me off guard

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I use to have acces in a drainage ditch to the West but for some reason the landowner won,t allow me access anymore. I,ll have to go to Plan C i guess.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”