Been going about it all wrong...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tcop7
500 Club

Been going about it all wrong...

Unread postby tcop7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 am

I've been chasing deer all season long when they will just come to me in my back yard.... :doh: :lol:

They come in every night to feed under our apple trees around the same time every night. Did this last winter too. There was 15 of them tonight, Love to watch em.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[glow=blue]McLaughlin Athletic Center[/glow]
[glow=blue]Northwest Ohio's Youth Sports Complex![/glow]
[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
Thermals
500 Club

Re: Been going about it all wrong...

Unread postby Thermals » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:50 am

I have the same problem

bowhunter

Unread postby bowhunter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:57 am

do you live in an area of the county in which you can shoot a doe and put it in the freezer if so i would have been shooting as many as legally allowed per day just for deer meat.
tcop7
500 Club

Unread postby tcop7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm

bowhunter wrote:do you live in an area of the county in which you can shoot a doe and put it in the freezer if so i would have been shooting as many as legally allowed per day just for deer meat.

This post was meant for humor, as I would never kill a deer like that, just wouldn't seem right to me. I respect them too much and I prefer to put the work in and actually go out and kill a deer in its natural habitat and give them a chance. Anyone could sit in their house and shoot a deer out of their back window that comes to an apple tree every day. It takes a lot more skill to go out and do it in the woods. Also, I feel that hunters these days are all about quantity over quality, everyone around me is all about "tagging out". The more deer you kill this year, the less deer there will be next year. So I try to do my part at keeping numbers up because I enjoy hunting and want to enjoy it my whole life. I killed a buck and a doe this year in a 5 deer county. Had no intention of killing anymore than that.
[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

That's awesome! You should sit in your shed and get some close ups.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:37 pm

Very cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Cool! Always fun to just watch them. My backyard is a 500 acre forest preserve, same deal for me as I have two big white oaks right on my lot line. This year they're coming in real late and its just does, but last year with the heavy snow, they were coming in daylight and some bucks as well.

Got him out in the prairie with a doe during the rut too. I belly crawled within about 5 yards for this pic, then realized his lady was behind me another 5 yards and decided I didn't want to get between that since he had the upper hand with weaponry at the moment.

tcop7
500 Club

Unread postby tcop7 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 am

Those are really cool pictures Kraftd!

Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:33 am

Thanks. I really like the second one from the context of bedding and how good at hiding they are. Like I said, I was well inside of 20 feet and knew where he was and still kind of got surprised by how close he was. Could easily walk by him if you didn't know. Look how close his antlers match the prairie grass!
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:28 am

The good ones always know when they are safe. I watched this guy for three years. I think he was only 3.5 years old here. I watched him on camera and in person until he was 6.5 when we met his maker due to fight he lost to a cadillac

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:42 am

I have the same problem up in northern WI. The cabin I occasionaly rent up there has 20+ deer coming in to feed with many of them being mature bucks. Can't hunt them but it sure is a kick in the pants after experiencing extremely tough hunting the past 5 years on public land in the area. :doh:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”