Favorite HB Member Stories

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigwoodsmn

Favorite HB Member Stories

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:14 am

Do you have any favorite stories of HB member hunts -- favorite threads? Not just the all-time-greatest threads posts. I'm just curious if you've read some stories that on here that you think about a lot. How about Dan's hunts? I think about his Thanksgiving Day buck where the wind was just right and guessed where the buck would be... so he crawled through icy water, stood up, and blasted it right in its bed. That one is in his book.

backstraps

Re: Favorite HB Member Stories

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

Mine are probably Autumn Ninja's hill country topics
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 am

Not deer hunting, but Muddy's turkey hunting story for last season. Exciting and hilarious.

viewtopic.php?f=287&t=24889&p=320804

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 am

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 am

Muddy's stack of Deer thread!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Not deer hunting, but Muddy's turkey hunting story for last season. Exciting and hilarious.

viewtopic.php?f=287&t=24889&p=320804

"Turkey retardation and dominance..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to go fanning -- bigtime.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 am

hunter_mike wrote:[glow=red]http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=287&t=17079&p=210919#p210919[/glow]

I agree -- Magic's story of that tracked buck was awesome. Next time I track a buck I want to take a few seconds to take more pictures along the way and try to put together a real story. A good story with some photos is as much fun as any video. I like the Hal Blood book because he talks about quite a few individual bucks he killed by tracking. ... how he picked them up, tracked them, and finally killed them (or how they got away).
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm

bigwoodsmn wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:[glow=red]http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=287&t=17079&p=210919#p210919[/glow]

I agree -- Magic's story of that tracked buck was awesome. Next time I track a buck I want to take a few seconds to take more pictures along the way and try to put together a real story. A good story with some photos is as much fun as any video. I like the Hal Blood book because he talks about quite a few individual bucks he killed by tracking. ... how he picked them up, tracked them, and finally killed them (or how they got away).

I just got done reading Hal's book last week. Awesome book for sure, extremely motivating. I am going to make a solid effort to attempt some tracking next gun/muzzleloader season because of it. I remember some of your tracking posts from the live from the stand thread bigwoods, really cool stuff.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:59 am

hunter_mike wrote:
bigwoodsmn wrote:

I just got done reading Hal's book last week. Awesome book for sure, extremely motivating. I am going to make a solid effort to attempt some tracking next gun/muzzleloader season because of it. I remember some of your tracking posts from the live from the stand thread bigwoods, really cool stuff.

I need to get in deeper, find bigger deer, and spend more time doing it. I want to step it up. This year I had a muzzleloader tag after the MN gun season. I should have at least gotten out for a day or two but other things came up and the closest area is a couple hundred miles away. I guess I only have to wait another 10-11 months ... yuck.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:41 am

bigwoodsmn wrote:
I need to get in deeper, find bigger deer, and spend more time doing it. I want to step it up. This year I had a muzzleloader tag after the MN gun season. I should have at least gotten out for a day or two but other things came up and the closest area is a couple hundred miles away. I guess I only have to wait another 10-11 months ... yuck.

I think i know what you are saying. Listening to Hal and Benoit talk about their tracking stories made me realize how big of a range the big boys can have. Made me realize how relatively small some of the marshes are that I hunt when i am not in bigwoods. A lot easier to cover a ton of miles scouting when I try to get into their bigwoods mindset. I still will hunt a lot of farm/marsh country but i am also eyeing up some more big woods/non-agriculture areas for 2015. I think someone here said "I am allergic to property lines" i am starting to feel the same way.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:51 am

Dan's stories about getting bit by stuff! hysterical!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:13 am

Sam Potters ADK track buck was very cool too.
Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:06 am

Not deer hunting, but I like reading Exophysical's moose hunts. I always wanted to try that

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:07 am

Dor had some great ones!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”