serial killers!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

serial killers!

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:25 pm

So I just noticed the 2014 buck kill line up...

All I can say is WOW!

I am active on other forums..one MUCH larger...and the deer kill sticky is nowhere near the size of this one!

Thanx Dan and whoever else may help with that..I see Dan takes photos from our posts and puts them in there if we don't...that's awesome...1 click and you can see what the fellow beast members put down this season...

Y'all (I guess I can say we since I do have a pic in there!) Are some buck killers! You just don't see those numbers on most sites...and the size of many of them...I killed my biggest buck and its probably one of the smallest lol! Gives me higher goals to set!

I'd say that the buck kill line up shows what dedication we have...which is why we are all here...and shows our dedication pays off in the end...

I know that's why I am here...you know what the old saying is that all guys think about every 10 seconds or whatever? For me...and I bet most of you guys...that's DEER...

I may have killed my buck off a small drive...but the knowledge gained from this site and Dan's videos surely helped...I spend the time scouting..figuring out deer...and I can apply what I learn to successful drives..know where bucks bed and where they go when pressured and you can combine tactics to put them down...

I've always set my goal as "nothing smaller than last year".

My buck wasn't a monster...but realistically for the ground i currently have to hunt...I am at a stand still...I can't realistically say that and expect to kill bucks very often...hold my goal and find better ground is going to be my new theme...and I've been scouting a decent bit already...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PK_
500 Club

Re: serial killers!

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 am

Funny you mention.

I visited this site a few times before joining. On one of the visits I ran across the Buck Line Up for that year, I joined immediately after scrolling through it. Then began digging through tactical threads, bought the DVDs etc…

It certainly is impressive. I truly feel this site pound for pound is one of the best collections of deer hunters in the country. If you follow 90% of the guys who are regulars here they are either managing their own land, traveling on DIY hunts and/or killing these bucks off high pressure ground, all of which to me are 'the real deal'.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:45 am

You guys are right on, NO JOKE!!! Dan and some of the regular BEASTS on here have completely changed the way I hunt outside of the rut. I just went out to some old public grounds Saturday and FOUND more buck beds. People are hunting them way wrong since they probably dont know they are there, and waiting til gun season. I also got photos of 2 nice bucks that survived at my house. I tracked them back and found their late season beds, and already found their early season beds in the swamp. Next season is going to be AWESOME. All thanks to changing my tactics and scouting for targeting bucks outside of the rut. ALL THANKS TO DAN AND THE OTHER BEASTS!!!!!!!!!

I am no longer "hunting". Im going in to KILL the big bucks, that day...
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 am

I agree a lot of hunters on here are far better then me. I am honored to have been able to learn from the hunters on the Beast.Now I have widened my learning curve and have learned so much about buck bedding and how to get close areas I knew nothing about before finding the beast. I think back to all the large bucks I have seen in the past and now understand exactly why they did what they did. Dan . Watching hill country and marsh tactics opened my eyes so much thank you!. I hope to continue to learn from you guys and it's great to find others who's passion is the same as mine.
Mauser06 lol you are probably right I do think about hunting big bucks more then females . I enjoy their company also but nothing like a buck on the wall to admire. That bucks still their when she's long gone :)
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
woods89

Unread postby woods89 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:23 am

johndeere506 quote-Dan and some of the regular BEASTS on here have completely changed the way I hunt outside of the rut.

Its changed the way I hunt the rut too! lol
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:35 am

Greatest hunting site on the internet. Not just saying that, I mean that.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:24 am

Stanley wrote:Greatest hunting site on the internet. Not just saying that, I mean that.

x2

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 am

That's the other thing...you can come on here and ask ANYTHING and you'll get answered and pointed in the right direction...or a map all doctored up with their insight and thoughts etc etc...

I need to cut the cord to hunting locally...its a confidence thing and I don't know why...I've gone in completely blind beast style to places unknown and seen more deer than some guys see in a season...I can look at a map and point to a buck bed and go out to that point and point at that buck bed I knew was there...

I gotta forget home and spread my wings...the caliber of deer isn't there for the most part and if they are they are largely unhuntable because we taught them how to beat us by pushing them dozens of times each season...

That's the other thing about this site...we have guys from all over with different experiences and tactics...that is what I love...I wanna get to the point that any given day of the season from sept till the end of Jan I can grab my bow or rifle or flintlock and know I stand a good chance of killing one of the better bucks the woods has to offer...

I try to keep an open mind and think outside the box...I've been applying "beast tactics" of knowing buck bedding and habits to effectively still hunt, track, and kill deer on drives...

The rut is fun...can be anyways...but it boils down to a lot of luck and timing...I ain't a lucky person...since I started hunting on my own I've always schemed up ways to minimize luck involved...

pitz0022

Unread postby pitz0022 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:25 am

The other nice thing about this site is I don't see the typical attacks on people. Disagreements are carried out in a civil manner and don't degrade to name calling and everything else I see on every other forum (hunting, fishing, snowmobile, etc forums). Very rarely do I see anybody use vulgarities or anybody try to intimidate anybody else. I love that. This is a classy place with classy people. It really does feel like a "There is no stupid question" type of place.
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:41 am

Stanley wrote:Greatest hunting site on the internet. Not just saying that, I mean that.

X3

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:59 pm

There is no other hunting/outdoors site that have a pic gallery of bucks taken by members like this site has, and/or have down-to-earth discussions on tactics that are covered here either. The moderators do a great job keeping the site maintained too. No other site can compete.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:15 am

Jphunter wrote:

X3

I couldn't agree more. So many guys with years of experience and knowledge and I'm just thankful that they are willing to share that with us. There is no greater information out there than what one will find on this site for deer hunting IMHO.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”