Need help understanding Lunar Positions?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Re: Need help understanding Lunar Positions?

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:47 am

dirt nap giver wrote:
Spysar wrote:The moon is useless as a hunting tool, IMO.

If the moon motivates you to hunt than fine, that's a good thing. Your out and you have a chance.

But if you skip a hunt because of the moon , that's a bad thing. You have no chance.

We over think deer hunting too much.

That's your opinion and doesn't contibute to answering the question from the original post. No one said anything about using the moon as hunt only on those days. My trail cams and actual hunting tells me that the moon does influence movement.
I agree that weather and pressure have a greater influence. For anyone to sit on the couch and not hunt while waiting for the moon to be perfectly aligned is depriving themselves.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

So what do you differently , that you wouldn't have done already, when the moon is "good"?

If I am going to hunt the 4th week of oct till the 2nd week of Nov, everyday, what should I do different on the "good" moon day?

Or is the moon only good for bed hunting early season?

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
BCam

Re: Need help understanding Lunar Positions?

Unread postby BCam » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:46 am

Spysar wrote:The moon is useless as a hunting tool, IMO.

If the moon motivates you to hunt than fine, that's a good thing. Your out and you have a chance.

But if you skip a hunt because of the moon , that's a bad thing. You have no chance.

We over think deer hunting too much.

I don't think its a case of not hunting because of the moon. I think you are thinking people only hunt by the moon. Its simply just another factor to consider. Different situations might call for more consideration, just like the weather, time of year, etc.

Have you done any research in the field on the subject? I used to say the same things as you until I actually started paying attention. After a few seasons of being mindful of it while hunting and other research I definitely think there is some influence there. Then I think about everything the moon effects and it really makes wonder how it couldn't effect animals. Heck it even effects humans that have lost their minds. Know anybody who works in a pshyc. Hospital?

I definitely agree with you if a person is only hunting based on the moon only all season. Definitely could turn into one of those never ending debates, haha.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”