WI youth hunt this weekend

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Black Squirrel
500 Club

WI youth hunt this weekend

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:54 am

Anybody taking a youngin out this weekend? I'll be taking my son Jesse. Weather doesn't look like it will be good, too warm. Oh well at least he won't be cold. Good luck to anyone going.

dreaming bucks

Re: WI youth hunt this weekend

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 am

So, if I wanna go bow hunting this weekend, I have to wear orange, correct ? Also, I can still shoot a buck, right ? it's not just a doe season ? Next weekend is an anterless season for me, but is that statewide ?
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 am

Black Squirrel wrote:Anybody taking a youngin out this weekend? I'll be taking my son Jesse. Weather doesn't look like it will be good, too warm. Oh well at least he won't be cold. Good luck to anyone going.

At least it won't be anywhere near as warm as it was a couple years ago when I took my oldest son out for the youth hunt... it was 90!:o
Good luck to you and Jesse!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 am

dreaming bucks wrote:So, if I wanna go bow hunting this weekend, I have to wear orange, correct ? Also, I can still shoot a buck, right ? it's not just a doe season ? Next weekend is an anterless season for me, but is that statewide ?

Yes you will have to wear blaze orange statewide this weekend.
You can still shoot a buck statewide this weekend but starting next Thursday-Sunday the antlerless only hunt starts in the herd control and cwd units only. You can still shoot a buck in the regular units so that is where I plan to be.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:56 am

Black Squirrel - Good luck to your son!!!

Also good luck to anyone else who plans on hunting the youth hunt this weekend.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:20 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:Black Squirrel - Good luck to your son!!!

Also good luck to anyone else who plans on hunting the youth hunt this weekend.

X2! 8-)
Pink

Unread postby Pink » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:50 am

I will be takin my nephew out for the youth hunt. This is our 4th and final year.(he is now 15). We got him his first deer ever with muzzle loader 4 years ago. I don't know who was more excited, him or me. We have a great time sitting in the blind and talking smart. It is so fun taking kids out - hunting or fishing - watch em learn and get excited about being in the outdoors. Everybody should try it, if you dont have kids borrow one, thats what I do.
As far as the doe only season, I will be dragging some suckers around trying to catch a few muskies!

Good luck everybody!
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:48 am

Taken my son Noah (11) on his first deer hunt, should be fun. Last year we had other plans so this is his first. I can't wait hope to see some, I have a really good feeling about this weekend.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm

I remember my first year of "youth hunting" when I was 11. This was before the whole youth hunt thing started. I didn't get a bow to use, my dad said if you want to sit and watch deer to learn about them you can go next year when you turn 12, the legal hunting age in Wisconsin at the time. My dad would walk with me within a couple hundred yards of where I would sit and say meet me after closing here. I would then find a spot to set up my climber and just watch. We even did a 4 day weekend in late season that year, talk about freezing and not even being able to hunt. I went out every time he did and that was more than enough to get me interested the next year. This was a great way to learn, because I wasn't worring about getting a shot when a deer came in, just sitting still so I wouldn"t scare it away. When I turned 12 I new how to stay still when a deer came, set my own stand up, and find my way out of the woods after dark. Wow how things have changed. Good luck guys.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm taking my 12 year old daughter out this weekend. We are both very excited. This spring she shot her first turkey during the youth turkey season, now she just needs a deer, hopefully we will have some action. I love the youth season, it's not cold like the regular gun season sometimes is, and I believe it to be safer as well.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:42 am

My son and I didn't see a deer all weekend. :cry: He said to me on the way out last night. This deer hunting isn't as easy as I thought it would be. :lol: I said, yes, I think I was hunting 4 years before I shot my first deer. I think the hot weather really played havoc on the deer movement. My son and I placed a camera out Saturday, it was 80 degress and he was complaining on how hot he was. I said now imagine doing this with your winter coat on, like a deer would have to. he sat and thought about it for alittle while. I think the light bulb went on.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 am

John Kitschas son shot his 1st racked buck on Saturday... A nice little 8 pointer over a food plot. I will post some pic's when he sends them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”