New Stand

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WVFrid

New Stand

Unread postby WVFrid » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:48 am

Just curious as to which stand most of you guys use. After seing Dan's video on the LW Handclimber, that may be what I end up getting for next season. Light, Quiet, and perfect for setting up close to those buck beds. Just wanted to see if there was any other stands out there that I should consider. Thanks in advance guys.

Bowhunter74201

Re: New Stand

Unread postby Bowhunter74201 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:15 am

most here seem to prefer a lw alpha or xop with lw/xop climbing sticks.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 am

lone wolf alpha with 4 sticks or lone wolf sit and climb. depends on the tree which one I take.
tcop7
500 Club

Unread postby tcop7 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 am

I have the Lonewolf Alpha and 4 climbing sticks. It's a great setup and would definitely recommend it. Be sure to get the stealth strips and yak grips to help silence the stand even more. They work great!
[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[glow=blue]McLaughlin Athletic Center[/glow]
[glow=blue]Northwest Ohio's Youth Sports Complex![/glow]
[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:44 am

LW Alpha II. Up to 5 sticks + steps.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:42 am

Lone wolf alpha, 5 sticks, stand and sticks stealth stripped, bicycle inner tubes on buckles and kwik straps

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:53 am

I use lone wolf Assault since most places I hunt are very far back. I use Alpha some also. I use 5 lone wolf sticks 1 muddy stick all stealth stripped. You can't go wrong with Lone Wolf. My assault and sticks fit perfectly in locking truck box alpha won't fit so when I'm on quick hunts after work I have my gear at all times in truck box.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:46 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:I use lone wolf Assault since most places I hunt are very far back. I use Alpha some also. I use 5 lone wolf sticks 1 muddy stick all stealth stripped. You can't go wrong with Lone Wolf. My assault and sticks fit perfectly in locking truck box alpha won't fit so when I'm on quick hunts after work I have my gear at all times in truck box.

Sorry not trying to change thread but What type of box do you have? I was planning in getting a box for my truck but this is one thing that I want it for.. And to the Op I also like the assault for the longer walks and tighter spots but for longer sitsI like the alpha

Yumi

Unread postby Yumi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:23 am

I now used a lonewolf portable with 4 climbing sticks. I own both the portable and the lone wolf self climber. But I favor the portable because you can hang on a straight tree with limbs.
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 am

Lone Wolf or XOP.

I had been 100% climbing stand user up til now. I finally realized how much noise I make w/ (even LW) climbers that is not necessary.

Also, a stick & platform are much more versatile, especially w/ limbed and crooked trees.

Best of luck to you!
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 am

I use a lw handclimber. Perfect setup when trees are right. Looking to invest in stand/sticks combo for my mobile hunts as I was hunting more for the perfect tree with the climber

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:44 am

I have a Kobalt box deep version it fits assault perfectly the extra 3 inches from Alpha is to much. The box and mounting brackets was 320.00 but worth it it's top quality. Bought mine at Lowes for my Dodge Ram 04
The brackets are seperate from the box but not very expensive. I would highly recommend the box has been worth every penny it cost.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:I have a Kobalt box deep version it fits assault perfectly the extra 3 inches from Alpha is to much. The box and mounting brackets was 320.00 but worth it it's top quality. Bought mine at Lowes for my Dodge Ram 04
The brackets are seperate from the box but not very expensive. I would highly recommend the box has been worth every penny it cost.

Appreciate it.. I will have to look into that one..

nater

Unread postby nater » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:23 am

Last year was my first truly mobile year and I used my Summit Titan climber most of the time. It's heavy, big, noisy, and will only go up select trees. But it's what I had in a year where we were trying to pay down debt.

I do own a set of Muddy sticks, one LW stick, and some light-ish hang-ons that I may see if I can bundle together for next year. It may not end up being lighter but I need greater flexibility with tree selection, especially since you can't trim limbs on the public land in my area.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”