Sometimes doing the right thing is not easy.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter_mike

Re: Sometimes doing the right thing is not easy.

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:45 am

Good job wolfie, that is really nice of you. Its the true sportsman thing to do.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:48 am

:clap: For you this was a nice find and a nice set of horns - but for the hunter it has a lot more meaning attached to it then just finding a random set of horns. With knowing somebody was trailing a deer they shot and lost it, this would be easy handing it over with pride. Funny how good things happen to good people it's called Karma, your post might teach other hunters on how we all need to help each other out even when it's hard.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:22 am

dan wrote:Really in your shoes its the only choice... I would question your ethics if you kept it. I shot a real big buck once and several people in the area new about it. One guy who has private land bordering the area I was hunting called me up to say he found my buck dead on his land and he wanted to give it back... I drove over and we walked out to within 100 yards of where I was hunting and he showed me the giant buck. Just one problem, was not the one I shot... No one would of known. Not sure if he ever found the guy whom actually shot it.

Its really not what we do and say in front of our family and friends that matters... Its what we do when no one is watching, and we know no one will know, that defines the true character of a man.

So are you saying I shouldnt have posted this? I thought it was a cool story and if not for haveing forgotten that trail camera I would have just wrote it off because I have no way of knowing how it died but finding the pictures on my camera it was just to crazy of chances to not find this guy.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Earn what’s never given.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:24 am

Beauford wrote::clap: For you this was a nice find and a nice set of horns - but for the hunter it has a lot more meaning attached to it then just finding a random set of horns. With knowing somebody was trailing a deer they shot and lost it, this would be easy handing it over with pride. Funny how good things happen to good people it's called Karma, your post might teach other hunters on how we all need to help each other out even when it's hard.

Ya I figure with all the knowledge dan techea us when I get 10 plus bucks on the wall they're not going to mean much to me at that time

Earn what’s never given.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:06 am

You are doing the tight thing. Good for you.

Becoming difficult to find many young men with morals and integrity these days.

365all_out

Unread postby 365all_out » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:15 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:47 am

Well done! Karma will pay you back eventually. I can guarantee it!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:27 am

wolfie729 wrote:
dan wrote:Really in your shoes its the only choice... I would question your ethics if you kept it. I shot a real big buck once and several people in the area new about it. One guy who has private land bordering the area I was hunting called me up to say he found my buck dead on his land and he wanted to give it back... I drove over and we walked out to within 100 yards of where I was hunting and he showed me the giant buck. Just one problem, was not the one I shot... No one would of known. Not sure if he ever found the guy whom actually shot it.

Its really not what we do and say in front of our family and friends that matters... Its what we do when no one is watching, and we know no one will know, that defines the true character of a man.

So are you saying I shouldnt have posted this? I thought it was a cool story and if not for haveing forgotten that trail camera I would have just wrote it off because I have no way of knowing how it died but finding the pictures on my camera it was just to crazy of chances to not find this guy.

Not saying that at all... Just saying, if your a true sportsman, it was the only decision that could be made. It is a great story, and I am glad you posted it.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:33 am

It just wouldnt feel right if you would have kept it knowing what you know.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:50 am

U don't want a deer someone else.shot anyway.it means nothing to u.it means the world.to whoever shot it

wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:52 am

dan wrote:
wolfie729 wrote:

Not saying that at all... Just saying, if your a true sportsman, it was the only decision that could be made. It is a great story, and I am glad you posted it.

Gotcha no I fully agree I think its pretty coincidental how everything worked out and a lot of fun. Just not very easy tracking down someone you dont know the name of nor have a good picture of you just know the general area he hunts.

Earn what’s never given.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 am

ozzz wrote:It just wouldnt feel right if you would have kept it knowing what you know.

Agreed and up until late I had no idea if someone shot it or if it had been hit by a car or what happened so thats when the initial intent to keep it came but that feeling left once i realized there was a shooter

Earn what’s never given.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:59 am

ozzz wrote:It just wouldnt feel right if you would have kept it knowing what you know.

Agreed and up until late I had no idea if someone shot it or if it had been hit by a car or what happened so thats when the initial intent to keep it came but that feeling left once i realized there was a shooter

Earn what’s never given.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:02 am

wolfie729 wrote:

Im with you 100%. I would absolutely keep a buck I found. Until you figure it rightfully belongs to someone then things change. Good on you sir.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:13 am

Often doing the right thing is the harder option but it is where the men are separated from the boys. It is integrity.

I really like the style of the plaque; and to quote a previous post I also hope the you "slay a giant" this coming season.

Karma, it's what's for dinner.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”